Universal Humanitarian Aid Initiative (UHAI) is a humanitarian and developmental non-governmental organization that insists the world can be changed positively so that everyone can live a normal life. UHAI works in Nigeria for profound change tackling the root cause of poverty, empowering people to have a brighter future, and creating an enabling environment for communities to exercise their capacities. UHAI operates across Northeast Nigeria and has extensive experience in managing and monitoring emergency relief and rehabilitation actions both with local partners and directly. Universal Humanitarian Aids Initiatives has been working in Nigeria since 2017 implementing humanitarian and Developmental interventions across the Northeast even before its registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) on 5th February 2023. UHAI is currently operating within 3 states in the country, across four thematic areas: Humanitarian and Sustainable Livelihood, Education in Emergencies, WASH, and Protection with gender and inclusion principles cutting across all thematic areas.
The organization is seeking for a qualified hand to handle the vacant position.
Job Title: MEAL Consultant
Job ID: UHAI/NG/004
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Report to: Executive Director
- Support the program team to plan, organize, and conduct quality assessments, sessions and document the process.
- Compile, record, and code information derived from specified forms into a predefined form or database.
- Identify and report any issues that may arise while attempting to obtain valid data.
- Interpret interview questions to assist respondents in understanding them and providing eloquent answers.
- Double check information on survey forms or information pads to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Comply with quality and research ethics during field work (this includes data protection and information confidentiality of respondents or target project participants).
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E framework to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to the monthly and quarterly project target review sessions.
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Report results of MEAL activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- The Consultant will develop and roll out methodologies and approaches for the execution of surveys and evaluations.
- In consultation with the Program Manager, perform regular supervision/monitoring field activities, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Promptly respond to all critical site/project issues addressed as directed by the Program Manager.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the field team
- Support efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
Requirement and Qualification:
- Bachelors’ degree and minimum of 3 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating programs with an organization that has a robust MEAL component.
- Prior experience with any related non-governmental organization.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse national and international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document) • Ability to travel nationally
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice):
Competencies and Values:
- Respect, integrity, diversity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, able to perform under stress, innovation, building relationships, communicating effectively, coaching and mentoring, facilitating change, developing teams, initiating action, strategic decision making, planning and organizing, leading through vision and mission and a personal commitment to children’s development and protection.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Universal Humanitarian Aid Initiative values
- Holds the program team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them technical support to deliver, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2024.
Method of Application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Universal Humanitarian Aid Initiative (UHAI) does not charge fee to facilitate any recruitment process.
Powered by the belief in Building a Resilience Society.