Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) is a USAID-funded Social Behaviour Change (SBC) and Risk Communication Project with the goal of increasing the practice of priority individual and household level health behaviors in target states on Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health plus Nutrition (MNCH+N), Family Planning (FP), Malaria, Tuberculosis, and Priority Infectious diseases (e.g., Lassa fever, Mpox, COVID-19). Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques, and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RCCE Consultant – Quantitative Data Analyst
Scope of Work
The consultant will lead the data analysis (community, household, and individual) and report writing process focusing on the following key aspects.
- Review existing literature and data sources on Lassa fever with focus on prevention processes through social and behavior change messages and related topics.
- Develop an overarching survey report template to be shared with BA-Nigeria RMEL team for review, feedback, and sign-off.
- Prepare a robust data analysis plan using the data instruments.
- Conduct analysis of the survey data using appropriate statistical techniques and software.
- Identify and interpret key findings, trends, patterns, and insights from the data analysis.
- Prepare and present a comprehensive report and dashboard that summarizes the results and recommendations of the study.
- A data analysis report that includes descriptive and inferential statistics, graphs, tables, and charts.
- A data visualization dashboard that allows interactive exploration of the data
- A presentation that highlights the main findings and implications of the study
- Two drafts of article prepared for journal publications.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced Degree in relevant field (Statistics / Biostatistics / Demography & Social Statistics or Public Health) with a good quantitative and statistical analysis of complex data is required.
- Ten (10) years experience conducting quantitative data analysis for health-related development projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong experience with stata and good knowledge of R, as well as knowledge of other relevant statistical tools are required.
- Ability to apply sophisticated statistical skills and ready to think out of the box for problem solving is required.
- Ability to identify two publishable articles and develop the initial draft.
- Ability to mobilize resources and deliver within specified timeline.
- Evidence of two published articles.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (PDF) to: [email protected] using “RCCE Consultant – Quantitative Data Analyst, Bauchi” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.