Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) is a USAID-funded Social Behaviour Change (SBC) and Risk Communication Project with the goal of increasing the practice of priority individual and household level health behaviors in target states on Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health plus Nutrition (MNCH+N), Family Planning (FP), Malaria, Tuberculosis, and Priority Infectious diseases (e.g., Lassa fever, Mpox, COVID-19). Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques, and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RCCE Consultant – Quantitative Researcher
Scope of Work
- The consultants will work closely with BA-Nigeria Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) technical staff to conduct household mapping and data collection in selected communities of Bauchi State.
- Completed household mapping list in each selected community.
- Completion of allocated data points collected on provided template and synchronized into the provided backend data platforms.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent in any field.
- Three (3) years of experience conducting quantitative data collection for health-related development projects.
- Field mapping experience related to health-related development (minimum of two experiences)
- Fluency in English language (spoken, reading and written)
- Fluency in Hausa language (spoken, reading, and written)
- Ability to use ODK tools or any mobile data collection tool.
- Provision of at least 2 samples/evidence of previous work.
- Ability to mobilize resources and deliver within specified timeline.
- Must be resident in Bauchi state, understand the state cultural nuances and geographical terrain.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (PDF) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location (of choice) as the subject of the mail. e.g “RCCE Consultant – Quantitative Researcher, Bauchi”.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.