INVITATION FOR BIDS
FEDERAL PROGRAMME COORDINATING UNIT
INCLUSIVE BASIC SERVICE DELIVERY AND LIVELIHOOD EMPOWERMENT
INTEGRATED PROGRAM (IBSDLEIP) IN NORTH EAST NIGERIA RENOVATION OF THE OFFICE BUILDING (NATIONAL WATER INFORMATION SYSTEM CENTRES)
DATE: LOAN NO: IFB NO:
8TH MAY 2023 200200000701
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Bank (ADB) hereinafter called the Bank toward the cost of the Inclusive Basic Service Delivery and Livelihood Empowerment Integrated Program (IBSDLEIP) in North East and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Renovation/rehabilitation of 13 NAWIS data centers located in 12 River Basin Development Authorities and the Headquarter of Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) Nigeria. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing.
2. The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR), through the Federal Program Coordination Unit (FPCU) for Rural Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Nigeria, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Renovation/Rehabilitation of 13 NAWIS data centers.
PURPOSE OF THE WORKS
The purpose of the proposed works is to renovate/rehabilitate data centers to enhance Water Resources information management in Nigeria with the aim of ensuring that the proposed data centers conform with new global trends in the management of water resources information.
LOCATION, SCOPE, AND DURATION OF THE WORK
The renovation/rehabilitation will be carried out in each of 13 NAWIS data centers as indicated below:
|1||Renovation of NAWIS Data Centre||NAWIS FMWR Headquarters Abuja, RBDAS in Minna and Makurdi||Each of the data centre is a standard room rectangular in shapes and vary in sizes which was originally design for office purposes. The renovation will be carried out withins the period of four months.|
|2||Renovation of NAWIS Data Centre||RBDA in Maiduguri, Yola, Kano and Sokoto|
|3||Renovation of NAWIS Data Centre||RBDA in Abeokuta, Ilorin and Benin|
|4||Renovation of NAWIS Data Centre||RBDA in Calabar, Imo and Port-Harcourt|
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTRACT WORK
The major components of the works included in the renovation/rehabilitation of data centers among others are as follows:
A. Carry out Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Electrical works on the space including ceiling, plumbing, tiling, painting, proper lighting;
B. Power control and change over switch;
C. Provision and Installation of Israeli Security Doors with Access control system;
D. installation of window protectors:
E. Wall Partitioning/demarcation of the space;
F. Provision and Installation of Cooling System;
G. Provide Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system for security etc.
Detailed information on experience and capabilities requirement for the works are provided in the Bidding Documents.
3. Bidders may Bid for one or more lots and as further defined in the bidding document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the Open Competitive Bidding (National), OCBN procedures as specified in the Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework, October 2015. which is available on the Bank’s website at https://www.afdb.org/en/projects-and-operations/procurement/new-procurement-policy and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Framework
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Office of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR), Program Co-coordinating Unit (PCU), and inspect the bidding document during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours at the address given below.
6. The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand (N 20,000) Naira only per lot into the account. The method of payment shall be through ‘REMITA’ in favour of AfDB Funded Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Program. For account detail and payment process via “REMITA” contact the undersigned office.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 noon (local time) on 30th May, 2023. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend in person at the Conference Hall of the address below on 30th May 2023 by 12:30 prompt.
8. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid security: NGN700,000 for Lot 1, NGN1,000,000 for Lot 2, and NGN800,000 each for lot 3 &4. Bids shall remain valid for One Hundred and Twenty (120) days after the deadline for bid submission indicated in (7) above.
9. The address referred to above is
National Programme Coordinator,
Federal Programme Coordinating Unit (FPCU)
3rd Floor Bassan Plaza (Right Wing.
Adjacent National Bureau of Statistics Central Business District
E-Mail: [email protected] , CC [email protected]