REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FOR THE PROVISION OF APPRENTICESHIP VOCATIONAL SKILL TRAINING TO 1,000 ADOLESCENT GIRLS AND YOUNG WOMEN (AGYW) IN ANAMBRA STATE.
ACHIEVING HEALTH NIGERIA INITIATIVE (AHNI) is a not-for-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, humanitarian services, and technology-creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. AHNI is supporting the government of Nigeria (GoN) to enhance sustained cross-sectional integration of HIV/AIDS Services by building Nigeria capacity to deliver sustainable high quality, comprehensive. Prevention, treatment, care, and related service in various states within Nigeria.
AHNI is hereby seeking the services if interested and eligible APPRENTICESHIP VOCATIONAL SKILL TRAINING ESTABLISHMENT to provide various apprenticeship vocational skill training services to 1,000 Adolescent Girls and young Women (AGYW) in Onitsha, Nnewi, and Awka in Anambra State as per the scope below:
Apprenticeship vocational skill training of Pre-selected adolescent girls and young women in the following areas of specialties
Lot 1: Make-up and Tying of Gele.
Lot 2: Hair Styling.
Lot 3: Tailoring.
Lot 4: Bead Making
Lot 5: Catering and confectioneries.
Lot 6: Digital Marketing.
Lot 7: Events Management.
Lot 8: Hat Making.
Lot 9: Photography.
Lot 10: Auto mechanic.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE APPRENTICESHIP VOCATIONAL SKILL TRAINING FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER(S) Successful Services Provider(s) shall be responsible for the following:
- Develop a training curriculum for the apprenticeship vocational skill set selected by the indigent girls,
- Conduct an induction and graduation ceremony at the end of the training period. The training period should be between 2-4 months period per course before graduation.
- Provide training on the writing of business plans and digital marketing.
- Maintain daily attendance records of the girls enrolled for the training.
- Advice on materials needed for setting up small-scale businesses for the girls.
- Provide periodic assessments for the girls to evaluate progress.
- Must have a catalog of topics to be covered in each skill area.
- Have a space for training of up to 10-20 trainees per time.
- Have certificates to issue to the participants after the training (Certificate will be co-obtained).
- Have a list of start-up items needed to set up all the business in the vocational skill and a budget.
- Provide a training schedule.
- Have handouts foe each training topic to be co-branded and issued to participants.
- Must have a physical presence in any of the mentioned locations (i.e. Onitsha, Nnewi and Akwa in Anambra State).
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE APPRENTICESHIP VOCATIONAL SKILL TRAINING FOR AHNI: AHNI shall be responsible for the following:
- Provide Training fee per candidate enrolled.
- Provided training materials to each candidate enrolled.
- Provide each candidate with a monthly transport allowance to attend training sessions.
- Provide support with training log development and printing.
- Support each candidate who successfully completes vocational skill training with a seed grant to start up small-scale business.
- Support the training institution to provide training materials to the trainees.
EXPECTED TRAINING OUTCOMES:
- 1,000 indigent Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) empowered with income-generating skills via vocational training.
- 1,000 indigent Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) have reviewed & approved written business plans.
- 1,000 indigent Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) started small-scale businesses.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT:
|1||Company profile; registered address(s), official/functional emails, telephonenumbers and point of contract for the company|
|2||Evidence of legal registration document of the company (CAC, FROM CO7 and FROM CO2)|
|3||Latest Tax Clearance Certificate|
|4||Evidence of Financial capability (most recent audited account), this may not apply to all LOTs|
|5||Bank reference letter duly addressed to AHNI Procurement committee|
|6||Evidence of provision o0f any of the above Listed vocational training to individuals, cooperatives, faith-based organizations or government establishment within the last 3 years: Bidders must provide a copy(ies) of Awards and/or Contracts|
|7||Financial Quotation and Required Commercial Term (please note that this should include the fee, administration charges and any other cost as may be applicable, the cost shall be per head)|
EVALUATION AND SECTION CRITERIA:
The firm must ensure that all requested information above is included in the submission. Proposals will be evaluated as follows:
|STAGES OF BID EVALUATION||EVALUATION DESCRIPTION||EVALUATION APPLICATION|
|1ST STAGE||Complete Conformity to RFP Submission Requirement||PASS OR FAIL|
|2ND STAGE||Conformity to minimum Eligibility Requirement listed 1-6||Weighted Score>70% represents PASS<70% Score represent FAIL|
|3RD STAGE||Physical Inspection of Training Facility and Reference Checks||PASS OR FAIL|
|4TH STAGE||Conformity to Financial Quotation listed 8 (I. e., Clear Schedule of fees, Delivery lead time, Price, and Discount)||PASS OR FAIL|
|5TH STAGE||Consideration for Award||Price Reasonableness, Responsiveness, and Delivery Timeline|
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE AND INSTRUCTION
Technical Documentation (Criteria 1-6), and Financial Quotation including commercial terms (criteria 7) MUST be submitted in 2 separate envelopes, signed by an authorized representative for those that require the same, properly labeled with your company name on one side of the envelop as well as its content on the other side of the envelope (E.g., Envelop 1-Technical Document Envelop 2-Financial Quotation). You are expected to submit these two (2) envelopes inside one bigger envelope, addressed and submit the same in hard copy to:
The Procurement committee,
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNI),
Plot 7, Road 7, Off Road 1, Udoka Housing Estate, Awka, Anambra State
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO BIDDERS:
- For clarification on any aspect of this RFP, please send an email reflecting the RFP title to [email protected]
- AHNI is Value Added Tax (VAT) exempted but deducts withholding tax (WHT) in compliance with relevant Nigeria Tax Laws;
- All proposal document submitted including price must be valid for six (6) months from the proposal due date. This includes but is not limited to cost, terms, conditions, and service level agreement;
- Please note that participant of this apprenticeship vocational skill training are resident in Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka in Anambra State. As such participating vocation training establishment are expected to have operational presence in these locations;
- You can provide a proposal for one or all the LOTs depending on your operational capacity and specialization and available training facilities;
- AHNI requires compliance to the policies on protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), and the violence Against Persons Prohibition Act (VAPPA, 2015) from its vendors and Partners. All prospective bidders must be in compliant to these important policies.
All completed proposal documentation must be hand delivered or couriered to the above address on or before Thursday 4th May, 2023 at 5: pm GMT.
AHNI reserve the right to select and negotiate with those companies it deems in its sole discretion to be qualified for competitive bid and to terminate negotiation without incurring any liability. Issuance of bid documents does not constitute a commitment by AHNI to award a contract.