The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites experienced and interested content production companies to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) – For The Establishment of a Roster For Content Production Agencies to Support the Visibility and Outreach of UNDP Nigeria Programmes, Events and Priorities UNDP Nigeria Country Office Communication Unit
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive growth sustainably to improve the quality of life for everyone. On the ground over 170 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
Strategic and impactful communications are essential to UNDP’s work; it broadens the impact of policies, facilitates governance reforms and helps to build strong partnerships for resource mobilization and programme delivery. UNDP’s communication efforts in Nigeria are aimed at strengthening the position of the organization as the thought leader in development and a partner of choice for the Government. This is done through the development and implementation of innovative communication strategies that set out clear goals and advocacy messages.
In 2022, the Communications and Partnership Unit is planning robust external engagement around four sustainable development themes of broad public interest:
- Peace and Security
- Climate Change
- Social Cohesion
It is therefore critical that outreach activities support the advancement of these development priorities through effective communication activities including the production of engaging and informative content.
It is in this context that the UNDP Nigeria would like to procure the professional services of a content production company to lead on the development of various videography and photography content which will be used to promote and raise public awareness of UNDP Nigeria’s programmes, events, priorities and results. The company will be engaged on an ‘as needed’ basis and will be expected to travel to various locations across Nigeria to produce a wide variety of content that will be disseminated on UNDP corporate social media channels, digitial and print materials.
The roster is set up:
- To support the UNDP Nigeria Communications and Partnerships unit by producing engaging content to enhance the visibility and outreach of UNDP Nigeria programmes, events and priorities.
- To swiftly fill a specific assignment which will be issued under each solicitation.
Scope of Work and Deliverables
Under the supervision of the Head of Communications and Partnerships Unit at the UNDP Nigeria Country Office, the company will be expected to travel to different locations where UNDP is organising events, carrying out project activities and other areas where content such as video and photographic materials can be developed to support UNDP’s work in Nigeria. The company will be responsible for providing support in the following five areas:
- High quality photos: Capture high resolution images with captions that highlight UNDP Nigeria’s programmes, events, project activities, as well as beneficiaries of interventions and their communities.
- High quality videos: Produce two minute highlight videos that promote and raise public awareness of UNDP Nigeria’s programmes, events, priorities and results.
- Live social media coverage : Capture and produce real-time coverage of UNDP Nigeria programmes, events and activities to be live streamed as stories and videos for Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Social media reels: Produce one-minute promotional social media reels that promote and build public awareness around UNDP Nigeria’s programmes, activities, priorities and events.
- Social media promotions: Assist with the promotion of UNDP Nigeria’s programmes, events, priorities and results social media content on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Qualifications of the Service Provider
Required Professional Skills and Experiences:
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in content production, videography, photography and social media management or related fields (proof of experience and productions in form of a portfolio will be required).
- Ability and flexibility to work and review content on short notice.
- Willingness to travel across the country.
- Ownership or possession of a professional digital camera and drone is a MUST. Companies are responsible of the maintenance, replacement and upgrade of their equipment and software.
Rostered candidates Responsibilities:
- Companies will use their own equipment, accessories and any software that may be required/necessary for undertaking the assignment.
- No part of the assignment or the final products may be transferred to a third party without the written sign off from UNDP. All components produced for the campaign (footage, music, sound bites, etc. will be a property of the UNDP).
- UNDP may choose to add the name or a logo of any other partner organization, including government as deemed fit.
- Companies must provide all material and products resulting from the campaign saved in a backup drive for storage by the UNDP.
- At any stage, in the course of undertaking the activities under each assignment, rostered candidates shall rigorously observe the UN SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT. Respect of the culture must be strictly observed by all the employees of the company.
Companies must show their eligibility to participate in this process by providing copies of the following documents:
- Legal Certificate of Incorporation in Nigeria.
- Particulars of Directors and Shareholders or Partners.
- CAC 2 and CAC7
- Memorandum Of Association And Articles Of Association (MEMAT).
- Tax Identification Certification TCC for year 2022.
- Recommendation letters from three (3) reputable and notable organizations attesting to satisfactory performance in similar projects.
- Link to the previous portfolios(please refer to the evaluation criteria table).
- Audited statements for the last two years 2020 and 2021 (audited statements for year 2022 will be accepted as well)
- Evidence of ownership of various equipment (camera and drone) (copy of the invoice, purchase order or lease where applicable).
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Please note that this procurement process is being conducted through the online tendering system of UNDP. Bidders who wish to submit an offer must be registered in the system. Visit this page for system user guides and videos in different languages: https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders.html
If already registered, go to https://etendering.partneragencies.org and sign in using your username and password. Use “Forgotten password” link if you do not remember your password. Do not create a new profile.
If you have never registered in the system before, you can register by visiting the above link, sign in with username below, and follow the instructions in the user guide:
- Username: event.guest
- Password: why2change
N/B: Only submissions through e-tender will be accepted.
Click Here(PDF) for a detailed description of the EOI.