CBM Global works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fighting to end the cycle of poverty. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalized in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone with disabilities can enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
We work in over 20 countries, investing in long-term, authentic partnership with the Disability Movement and maximizing our impact through a coordinated mix of inclusive community-based programmes, local to global advocacy and delivering inclusion advice to other organizations.
2. Purpose of this Request for Proposal.
CBM Global Nigeria Country Office is hereby seeking proposal from interested and eligible companies to provide insurance services for the Country Office. The contract period will be one year with the option to renew for additional one-year subject to satisfactory and professional performance.
PRF NO: NG-0096-2023-CBMG.
Deadline for Submission: 14 December 2023, 5:00pm local Abuja time
Description: Insurance Services
The Insurance Services required include:
- Provide Health Insurance coverage for Nigeria Country Team from January 2024 to December 2024.
- Provide Group Life Insurance coverage for Nigeria Country Team from January 2024 to December 2024.
- Provide Asset Insurance for Nigeria Country Office Assets Team covering January 2024 to December 2024.
Response to this Expression of Interest must be in a fixed-price, allinclusive basis, including delivery and all other costs. Pricing must be presented in Nigeria Naira. Offers must remain valid for not less than Sixty (60) calendar days after the offer deadline. Prices quoted must remain fixed for a minimum of 12 months. Tenderers are requested to provide quotations on their official quotation format or in the event this is not possible, letterhead will be accepted.
5. Bid requirements for qualification.
Please read this section carefully and be sure that all requested information is included in your submission. Evaluators will neither make assumptions nor draw inferences regarding missing or incomplete information. The submission of incomplete information could result in the rejection of proposal. Proposals should be comprehensive and highlight how the bidding company intends to meet up with our requirements as stated above, in addition to clearly stating service costs and/or rates of commission, proposals should include the following.
(a.) Company Profile
- Bidding company should provide a verifiable list of clients (INGO’s, UN, Embassies preferred) with evidence of copies of contractual documents.
- Explain clearly other services your company specializes in. (iii) Evidence of membership in relevant national or international forum.
(b.) Registration Requirement
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Copy of Memorandum and Article of Association
- Copy of forms CAC2 and CAC7
- Evidence of registration with relevant statutory bodies. (v) Provide evidence of financial standing and an updated audit report for 2022.
6. With Holding-Taxes and VAT
The agreement under which this procurement does not permit the financing of any taxes, VAT, tariffs, duties, or other levies imposed by any laws in effect in the Cooperating Country. No such Cooperating Country taxes, VAT, charges, tariffs, duties or levies will be paid under an order resulting from this EoI.
7. Terms and Conditions
This is a Request for Quotations only. Issuance of this RFQ does not in any way obligate CBM Global to make an award or pay for costs incurred by potential tenderers in the preparation and submission of an offer.
8. Qualification criteria
The Service provider will be selected according to their responsiveness, profile, reliability, financial quote, evidence of past/current delivery of the required services to international development organizations, prompt response to timeline, Company background, payment terms, quality of services, Equipment available to personnel and insurance provision in case of robbery.
The completeness of the submission in compliance to the requirements of the Request for Proposal will be considered.
Some of the criteria required are:
- A member of a National or International Registered Supervisory body and commits to follow National Insurance Commission Regulations.
- At least 10 years’ experience in providing Insurance coverage for National and/or International Donors and Institutions.
- Experience of providing insurance coverage in the country with Sufficient knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and rules in Nigeria.
- Evidence of at least 5 previous assignments of similar nature (preferably International/National Not-for-profit organisation) and scope in the last 7 years.
- Availability of qualified and skilled personnel in Insurance.
All submission should be done via email to
Please note that not hard copy submission will be accepted.
- Notification of the results:
Only the successful bidder will be notified, and if you do not receive email communication within three weeks after the expiring of the deadline for submission, consider your bid unsuccessful.
- CBM GLOBAL PROHIBITED CONDUCT – CORRUPTION AND FRAUD:
CBM Global has a zero-tolerance policy towards fraudulent and corrupt practices. Compliance with CBM Global’s Policy on Preventing Corruption and Fraud and the Counter Terrorism & Anti Money Laundering Policy is mandatory for staff, implementing partners, volunteers, contractors and related Third Parties.
CBM Global will take all suspicions of corruption seriously and assess, act upon, investigate and discipline all such cases as appropriate and in a professional, transparent, and fair manner.
This is only a Call for Proposal, CBM Global reserves the right to either amend or cancel it at any time with or without notice. In such cases, CBM Global shall accept no liability whatsoever. The prospective bidder is wholly responsible for any and all costs related to the preparation and submission of their Proposals.
Any failure upon these engagements will involve the rejection of the Proposal formulated or, in case, the cancellation of the committed contracts.
Enquiries or additional information may be physically made at
CBM Global Disability Inclusion Office
No.8 Huambo Crescent, off Harper Street, Zone 7, Wuse District, Abuja-FCT, Nigeria.
Or by email exclusively to: [email protected]; with the subject stating the reference number – PRF NO: NG-0096-2023CBMG.
Or by phone through: +234 8138042211
Section 1: Offer Checklist
To assist tenderers in preparation of proposals, the following checklist summarizes the documentation to include an offer in response to this RFQ:
- Cover letter, signed by an authorized representative of the tenderer
- Official quotation, including specifications of offered service
- Copy of tenderer’s registration or business license
- Copy of Services required workplan in line with relevant regulations timeline
- Copy of company profile including list of clients, previous experience, audit report and complete bank account details. You must submit your quotation in the above order of documents mentioned.
Section 2: Submission Cover Letter
The following cover letter must be placed on letter head and completed/signed/stamped by a representative authorized to sign on behalf of the tenderer:
To: Procurement Committee,
CBM Global Disability Inclusion,
Country Coordinating Office Abuja, Nigeria.
PRF NO: NG-0096-2023-CBMG.
To Whom It May Concern:
We, the undersigned, hereby provide the attached offer to perform all work required to complete the activities and requirements as described in the above referenced RFQ. Please find our offer attached. We hereby acknowledge and agree to all terms, conditions, special provisions, and instructions included in the above-referenced RFQ. We further certify that the below-named firm—as well as the firm’s principal officers, and all commodities and services offered in response to this RFQ—are eligible to participate in this procurement under the terms of this solicitation and under regulations.
Furthermore, we hereby certify that, to the best of our knowledge and belief:
- We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any CBM Global staff members.
- We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any other tenderer submitting proposals in response to the above referenced RFQ; and
- The prices in our offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other tenderer or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
- All information in our proposal and all supporting documentation is authentic and accurate.
- We understand and agree to CBMG prohibitions against fraud, bribery, and kickbacks.
We hereby certify that the enclosed representations, certifications, and other statements are accurate, current, and complete.
Name and Title of Signatory:
Company Telephone and Website:
Company Registration or Taxpayer ID Number:
Does the company have an active bank account (Yes/No)?
Official name associated with bank account (for payment):