Call for CV/Expression of Interest
Open to internal and external Candidate
Position Title: Information Management National Officer
Duty Station: San Salvador El Salvador
Classification: National Officer, UG (NOA equivalent)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term UG
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: February 14, 2023
Reference Code: CFCV 2022/001 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission for El Salvador and Honduras, the direct supervision of the Programme Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of Data Collection and Information Management (IM) activities to support the project, as well as to support initiatives on internal displacement, migration, development, among others in the El Salvador.
Responsabilities and Accountabilities
• Coordinate the design and implementation of Reintegracion Surveyactivities in El Salvador, to facilitate timely information on human mobility through a solid methodological framework, supervision of field teams (12-24 persons), coherence with IOM Standards.
• Provide technical guidance to facilitate the effective collection and use of information (including sitreps, information systems, surveys, etc.) in order to support evidence-based decision making based on humanitarian and development principles.
• Conduct analysis and research on Internal Displacement (IDPs), in close coordination with IOM´s initiatives at the global level, to support the availability of reliable data in the region.
• Coordinate data collection activities as needed, (including sampling, survey design, field teams training and supervision, etc.) such as household and individual surveys, in order to ensure reliable data is generated through a solid methodological framework.
• Supervise volunteers, and non-staff personnel, as required, in order to ensure adequate performance by developing terms of reference, maintaining follow-up meetings and reviewing outputs.
• Conduct in depth analysis on human mobility and development to foster migration data availability in the region to contribute with evidence-based decision making for public policy.
• Generate specific information products for the project to be utilized in donor/stakeholder briefings, project proposals, and contractual and/or ad-hoc reports. These products include infographics, dashboards, maps, reports, etc.
• Update on a regular basis the project carrying out appropriate data validation, back-up, and data protection procedures.
• Design effective information management workflows and reporting tools to support Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting according to donor regulations and obligations ensuring coherence with the approved workplan.
• Support projects and units in El Salvador to produce robust information across all the Organization by providing technical assistance on data collection and management activities.
• Participate in working groups, meetings, presentations, etc. for UN, donors, government counterparts and relevant stakeholders, as needed, as well as to provide support to IOM´s mission with CCCM responsibilities.
• Develop and conduct trainings to key personnel and government stakeholders in the region on data management and research, data protection principles and guidelines, emergency response, among others. to improve their skills and knowledge on relevant human mobility topics.
• Support the preparation of both IOM’s and inter-agency concept notes and proposals for potential donors and funding opportunities in organizational areas of interest, as needed, facilitating the incorporation of cross-cutting themes (i.e. gender, protection, etc.) in line with IOM´s Project Handbook.
• Support financial planning and budgeting for the Information Unit activities in the region to support the mission in coordination with the Project Manager and relevant units.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience
• University degree in economics, statistics, public policy or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.Experience in information management including data collection, processing, and analysis.
• Experience in Reintegration, particularly using IOM´s methodology
• Experience in the development of information products related to vulnerable populations for diverse audiences.
• Experience working with large data sets.
• Research experience in the fields of population studies, early childhood development, migration, refugees/IDPs; including field experience in quantitative studies coordination and implementation.
• Experience in consultancies, including the development of terms of references, follow up, activities implementation, information product review, etc.
• Experience in information management activities, including data collection, processing, analysis and content development in the context of emergency response and humanitarian assistance.
• Experience in the design and implementation of surveys and questionnaires, including the supervision of interviewers and cartographers.
• Experience in the development of reports within a short period of time
• Experience in the supervision of field teams, including payroll of large surveyors’ teams.
• Experience in project proposal design and implementation is a plus.
• Experience in financial planning and budgeting is plus.
• In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization such as Internal Displacement, Reintegration, among others.
• In depth Knowledge of the Cluster Approach for Humanitarian and Emergency Response, specially the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Cluster.
• In depth knowledge of the Sphere Handbook for Humanitarian and Emergency Response.
• In depth knowledge of Data Protection Principles, knowledge of IOM’s Data Protection Guidelines is a plus
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
• Knowledge of Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals
• Knowledge of statistical software such as R Software, SPSS, PSPP, SAS and/or Stata.
• Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is a plus.
Excellent written and oral English communication skills, with focus on research papers and descriptive reports for diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated team-building skills.
• Participation in international programs on irregular migration, such as trafficking in persons, smuggling, among others is a plus.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by February 14, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 30.01.2023 to 14.02.2023