Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Expression of Interest (EOI) – Vouchers For Different Skills For Adolescents And Young People Girl-H Program
Employment Type: Volunteer
- In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
- Having implemented Educating Nigerian Girls In New Enterprises (ENGINE) across three states of Kano, Lagos, Knumeracy, literacy between 2014 and 2020, Mercy Corps is leveraging on ENGINE to numeracy, literacy roving Resilience through Livelihood and Health (GIRL-H) in Lagos and Kano States with the aim to improve girls’ well-being by increasing their access to and uptake of life skills, health information, basic numeracy, literacy, and financial literacy, as well as foster pathways to formal education, economic opportunities, and civic engagement. The program approach is through safe spaces after which participants are transitioned on their preferred pathways. The team is planning to provide start-up kits to qualified participants using paper vouchers.
- Mercy Corps is seeking potential vendors with a proven background in the supply of start-up skill equipment’s items in the following categories listed below across 5 Local Government Areas LGAs in Lagos state.
|S/N||Category 1||S/N||Category 2|
|01||Sewing, knitting,||01||Barbing Kis|
|02||Make-Up,Bead-making / Turban / Henna design tools||02||Saloon / Hairdressing Equipments|
|04||Soap, and Cream Making||04||POS equipment|
|05||Make-Up Bead making / Turban / Henna design tools||05|
|06||Soap / cream / air fresheners / diffusers / disinfectants making kits||06|
|07||Ankara Craft (Bag, notepads, Jewelry, Slippers)|
|08||Local DrinksLocal Sweets|
|09||Bedsheet / duvet / pillow / curtain / window blinds production for sales|
|10||Cobbler – shoe & bag making & repairs|
|12||Retailers ( provision)|
- Mercy Corps invites sealed bids from legally registered local business companies specialized in these fields.
- Mercy Corps seeks local traders to submit their “EOI” (expression of interest) to be part of the paper voucher for different skills.
- You are eligible to submit EOI if you’re currently selling start-up items listed above in Shomolu / Bariga, EPE, Alimosho, OJO and Kosofe of Lagos State.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2023 @ 4:00pm(GMT +1West African Time).
Method of Application
Interest and qualified Bidders / Companies should visit the address below for further details and pick up EOI forms:
Action Health Incorporated (AHI) Office,
Located at No. 17 Lawal Street
Jibowu Yaba, Lagos State.
Click here to download EOI Form
The fully filled EOI form should be submitted physically to the above address, or via email: [email protected]
- Distribution of EOI starts: 30th-June-2023 @9:00AM
- The EOI package should be submitted in a sealed envelope and clearly marked with the name or category of skill(s) interested, business name and phone number.
- You are permited to express interest in all of the skills (1 to 2 above) if your company is able to do so.
Conflicts of interests in the Awarding or Management of Contracts:
- If a company is owned by, whether directly or indirectly, in whole or in part by any Mercy Corps employee or any person who is related to a Mercy Corps employee, the company must ensure that it and the employee disclose the relationship as part of or prior to submitting the interest.