TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA (TCN)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION
DISTRIBUTION SECTOR RECOVERY PROGRAM (DISREP)
CREDIT NO: 9206-NG
PROJECT ID No. P172891
Date: 7th February 2023
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: Consultancy services for supervision of the Supply, Installation & commissioning of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) in Eleven (11) Distribution Companies.
REFERENCE NO.: QCBS-DREP-CS1
The Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for financing from the World Bank through the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) toward the cost of the Distribution Sector Recovery Program (DISREP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Project Management and Supervision,
- Technical Control and Designs
- Receipt of the equipment in the factory and supplies to Discos stores,
- Pre-commissioning Tests and Integration into the existing vending stations,
- Transfer of Know-How (On Job Training) to the Discos staff
The approximate effort level for the assignment is eighteen (18) Calendar months.
The Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be accessed at https://tcnpmu.ng/pmu assets/pmu files/2023/02/Terms-of-Reference-for-DISREP-CS01-WB-Cleared.docx
The Transmission Company of Nigeria-Project Management unit (TCN-PMU) now invites eligible consulting firms (consultants) to indicate their interest in providing then services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The Firm’s general experience and overall competence, including the relevance of the firm’s area of core business to the assignment envisaged;
- Firm’s strong institutional capacity/capability in terms of technical, managerial, expertise, quality management system, and the number of technical staff.
- The extent of specific experience in assignments of similar nature and complexity in Smart Meters technology, management and supervision of supply and installation of smart meters, including review of design, supervision of contractor’s quality, schedule, verification of equipment quality etc.
- Experience of the consultant in the supervision or implementation of Meter Data Management Systems for AMI deployment (including integration with HES and CIS applications)
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” 4th Edition (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub- consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Le. 0900 to 1700 hours).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 7th March 2023 by 5pm Nigerian local time.
Project Manager (World Bank-funded Projects)
Transmission Company of Nigeria –
Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU)
Attention: Engr. T. M. Bamalli
Plot 1226, Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja 900288,
Tel: +234-8080288802 or +234-8080288803