WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
REF. NO WFP-SC-ABJ-EOI-2022-001
DEADLINE: 20 JUNE 2022 (1600 HOURS NIGERIA TIME)
The United Nations World Food Programme hereinafter referred to as the “WFP”, with headquarters in Rome, Italy, Via Cesare Giulo Viola 68/70, Parco de’ Medici, 00148, acting through its country office in Nigeria. The plaza, 23 Ibrahim Tahir Lane Cadastral Zone Bo5 Utako, Abuja Nigeria is leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience by assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year. About 17, 000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry and poor.
WFP Nigeria country office (NGCO) is currently looking for available end-to-end solutions for the provision of diesel fuel for its vehicles and generators inside Nigeria on a Turnkey basis. With respect to that we are looking for the potential companies fully registered and demonstrate the capacity to import/store/quality control/transport and safely delivery (at any given time) up to 100litres of diesel fuel based on the WFP requirement in Abuja, Maiduguri, and Damaturu.
The recent scarcity and hype in the Diesel Fuel price in Nigeria, has had a significant impact on WFP Humanitarian Programming and Operations in the Northeast and Northwest. To address this gap, WFP is looking for potential Oil & Gas Companies that hold experience, capacity, infrastructure, ability to source & import, store, quality control and deliver large quantities of fuel for the use of the Humanitarian programming in Northeast & Northwest Nigeria, to ensure continuity of WFP’s emergency response operations.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
Considering the scarcity of fuel and the hype in the Diesel fuel Prices in the local markets, WFP requires end-to-end, turnkey solution where the applicant firm should be able to:
• Obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) and any other necessary approvals from the relevant authorities of procurement, storage, transportation, distribution and end to end diesel fuel supply chain.
• Procure fuel internationally/locally up to 100,000 litres (this volume can vary +/- 50%)
• Provide inspection reports at loading and storage
• Based on the WFP requirement, have logistics capacity to deliver fuel at various delivery points in Abuja, Maiduguri and Damaturu
• Provide the certificate of insurance coverage, have capacity for fuel storage in Nigeria, the equipment used for distribution (i.e browsers) and the fuel itself up to distribution.
• Transport the fuel to the final recipient where the fuel will be unloaded from your company’s browser.
• Provide regular reports of stock levels, time in storage reports, delivery reports, unloading/loading reports, safety and security related updates and any other report on the supply chain established as requested by WFP.
• Establish a control mechanism to monitor transparency and quality of fuel until the distribution points. This may involve numbered seals, electronic meters on the browsers, receipts validated by beneficiaries, random quality testing by applicants company and the WFP, quantities matching at the end of the daily distribution, etc. applicant is invited to list the quality control mechanism envisaged along the supply chain.
• Provide evidence that adequate security is put in place along the supply chain and in particular on the storage facility to avoid or mitigate risks involving the fuel and its distribution. Applicant Company will be responsible to arrange for the escort, where required.
Any request for clarification and any additional documents should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than 16:00 hours (Nigeria Time) on 15th June 2022.
SUBMISSION OF EOI:
All submissions must be accompanies by the following documents
• Cover letter/company profile including contact details and brief overview on the goods and services of interest to the company and execution process
• Complete set of the minimum requirements for safe storage and supply of fuel
• Attach all requested support documents/certificates
Expression of Interest (EOI) will all supporting documents must be submitted through
Email: [email protected]
Email Subject Line: EOI for Diesel Fuel-WFP-SC-ABJ-EOI-001
Deadline for submission of the completed EOI is by 20th June 2022 (1600 hours Nigeria Time)
Please note that, this Expression of Interest is only for the purpose of registration of pre-qualified potential Oil and Gas companies in WFP supplier Roster. Full technical requirements and details will be provided with a formal solicitation documents issued when the services are required at a later stage after the closing date for this EOI. Also note that, this is only an contracts to the companies expressing their interest.
WOMEN BUSINESS OWNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE.
UNITED NATIONS WORLS FOOD PROGRAMME, ABUJA- NIGERIA