The International Rescue Committee (IRC) invites interested and capable suppliers or vendors to express interest by submitting RFP documents for the supply of the following works:
The International Rescue Committee, hereinafter referred to as “the IRC”, is a non-profit, humanitarian agency that provides relief, rehabilitation, protection, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees, displaced persons and victims of oppression and violent conflict.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – Supply of Generator Set
Reference No: IRC/NIG/MAI/05/2022/001
Scope of Work
- 100kva heavy duty soundproof generator product specification Caterpillar
- 65kva heavy duty soundproof generator product specification Caterpillar
- 300kva heavy duty generator product specification Perkins or equivalent
- Transport genset from your warehouse to IRC Office, Guesthouse1, Guesthouse2 and warehouse.
- Place the Generator on concrete pad 2 feet above the ground at the space provided by IRC.
- Install Generator set at the specified location.
- Install changeover switch
- The whole facility should be connected on the Generator
- connecting the Armored to the change-over switch to feed the entire facility with power supply
- Changeover switch would be installed in accordance with each generator standard capacity 300kva,100kva and 65kva, armored cable will be connected to on the changeover switch to feed the facility with power supply.
- Length of cable required for each location is 30meters per location (Office, Guesthouse1, Guesthouse2 and Warehouse)
- Provide cost for service throughout the warranty period, the cost shall be covered by the vendor supplier of the generator.
The Contractor shall perform the following activities:
- The generator set, and the change-over switch (COS) shall be inspected by the contractor in the presence of the Contracting Officer’s Representative to determine any damaged or missing parts. The contractor shall be responsible for damaged or loss occurring after the inspection and during transportation from the warehouse to the final location (IRC Office, Guesthouses, and warehouse in Maiduguri)
- Consider the following below after installing the Generator to ensure the Gen set is in good condition:
- Replace diesel motor oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter “optional”.
- Clean separator fuel filter element.
- Clean water-cooling system, add antifreeze and coolant fluid.
- Adjust cooling system hoses and check water leaks.
- Adjust/check pulleys and belts diesel engine.
- Check and test alternator.
- Check, clean and test field windings.
- Measure impedance and isolation of armature winding.
- Provide one (1) 12 volts, 100 Amps/hour battery.
- Check and lubricate bearings.
- Adjust electrical terminals and protection devices (circuit breaker).
- Clean, adjust and test automatic transfer switch in normal and emergency mode.
- Test battery charger.
- Fill diesel fuel tank to run the Generator for test, provided by IRC.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for connection of all the building in the facility on the Generator
- Generators should be placed as close as possible to the building electric breaker box panels. The electric breaker panels must be permanently labeled indicating an alternate power source (generator) is connected to the electric system.
- Generators may not be placed within five feet of any septic system drain field or impede access to septic tank covers or cleanouts. All generators shall be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. If concrete mounting pads are required, the pads must be suitable for the application with appropriate vibration eliminators. All concrete shall be smooth with a trowel finished.
- The Contractor will also be responsible of any damage of premises resulting of this job, and restoration of the damages will be expected to occur within the days of the period given to complete the job.