Creative Associates International invites interested and qualified consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Rapporteur Peace Building Committee Consultant
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0009
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 15, 2022 – September 30, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 18 days
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria.
- This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Adamawa state, Northeast Connection has identified Demsa, Guyuk, Lamurde, Mubi North, Mubi South, and Numan as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that:
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- As earlier presented, the program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research. Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal.
- Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally-led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The STTA Rapporteur will support workshop facilitators to facilitate 3 days strategy development workshop in Northeast Connection-specific target LGAs of intervention (Demsa, Guyuk, Lmaurde, and Numan) and take notes of all workshop’s proceedings.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 12 days (3 days in each of the 4 targets LGAs listed above) with additional 2 days for the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting, and 3 days for report writing totalling 18 days in all.
- The STTA will work with specific guidance from the state and the agency while gathering the initial data during stakeholders’ meetings and field visits while gathering initial data that will feature in the strategic plan, in all the proposed duration for this role is 20 days from an official engagement.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Rapporteur shall report to the STTA Lead Facilitator, supervised by the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Team under the Adamawa state portfolio.
Tasks To Be Performed:
- Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Take attendance and coordinate the meeting
- Takes accurate notes on the content of the discussion, questions, and feedback/action points during each session.
- Ensures that notes taken are clean, neat, well organized, descriptive of information provided, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Remains physically and mentally alert and attentive during notetaking; refrains from providing advice, interjections, and/or personal opinions, either verbally or within the text of notes taken.
- Ensures that all related information/discussions remain confidential and are provided solely to the intended recipient/reporting supervisor
- Submit daily notes to the Lead Consultant and the two sub-consultants
- Submit a detailed/complied typed report after the 5 days meeting
- Ability to write down comprehensive and significant information that is clear for review.
- Ability to use underlining, highlighting, and capital letters for emphasis when taking notes.
Results and/or Deliverables
|Submission of detailed note, clear minutes of meetings and proceedings during the planning meetings and kick-off meeting||2||June 15, 2022||30|
|Submission of detailed notes/reports on all townhall meetings conducted in each of the focus LGAs. This should also include signed attendance sheets, pictures and photographs.||4||July 22, 2022||40|
|Submission of detailed report, attendance sheet and relevant details (pictures, photograph) during capacity building workshop and other task as assigned by the lead and supporting consultant||6||August 22||20|
|Final Report writing and compilation of all deliverables for the 3 activities above||6||September 15||10|
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BSc in any Journalism, Social Science / Public Administration or any related field required.
- Two 2 years of working experience in administrative responsibilities
- 1-2 years of proven work experience in a related field.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- Ability to write clearly, legibly, and follow routine verbal instructions.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills are required, especially Knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques for the taking of competent classroom notes
- Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Multi-tasking with a positive attitude is required.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Flexibility and ability to work in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet datelines.
Estimated Total Cost
Daily rate should be around NGN13,842.00.
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 27th May, 2022.
Questions Due Date
5:00 PM: 24th May, 2022.
Method of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] . Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
Please submit the following documents to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to: [email protected] no later than the above date.
- No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder. The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/25/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable) are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process.
- Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity.
- However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities.If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please Click HERE
Click Here to Download Request For Quotation (RFQ) MS Word
Click Here to Download Attachment 1 – Scope of Work MS Word
Click Here to Download Attachment 2 – Terms of Conditions MS Word
Click Here to Download Budget Template MS Excel
Click Here to Download Annex A Certificate Consents Form MS Word
Click Here to Download Vendor Information Form PDF
Click Here to Download W-8 Instruction – PDF
Click Here to Download W-9 Form – PDF