Creative Associates International invites interested and qualified consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Lead Facilitator, Peace Building Training
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0008
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 15, 2022 – September 30, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 18 days
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria.
- This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Adamawa state,Northeast Connection has identifiedDemsa, Guyuk, Lamurde, Mubi North, Mubi South, and Numan as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that.
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- As earlier presented, the program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research.
- Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal. Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally-led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The STTA Lead Facilitator will support the facilitation of 3 days strategy development workshop in Northeast Connection-specific target LGAs of intervention (Demsa, Guyuk, Lamurde, and Numan) and take notes of all workshop proceedings.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 12 days (3 days in each of the 4 targets LGAs listed above) with additional 2 days for the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting, and 3 days for report writing totaling 18 days in all.
- The STTA will work with specific guidance from the state and the agency while gathering the initial data during stakeholders’ meetings and field visits while gathering initial data that will feature in the strategic plan, in all the proposed duration for this role is 20 days from an official engagement.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Lead Facilitator shall work with the Program Officer, and report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager under the Adamawa state portfolio.
Tasks to be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate Strategy Development Workshop each in Demsa, Guyuk, Lamurde, and Numan LGAs in Adamawa State
- Develop workshop content to be approved by Northeast Connection
- Coordinate the development of a Strategy Document for Local Peace Committees in Demsa, Guyuk, Lamurde and Numan LGAs in Adamawa State
- Write a detailed report and submit both electronic and hard copies to the organization
- To continuously gauge and solicit feedback from participants formally and informally
- To assist in detailed feedback and edits draft report, including lessons learned and outputs/outcomes
- Successful facilitation of all training sessions in accordance to the topics and content.
- Technical advice and support to participants during the workshop
Results and / or Deliverables
|Submission of activity workplan that suggests efficiencies and outlines timelines and steps that will be taken to facilitate the capacity building workshop and submission of activity report on kick-off and planning meeting||2||June15, 2022||30%|
|Submission of training agenda, topics and pre and post evaluation test for review and approval by NE Connection. Facilitator to share training contents/modules and methodology to adopt for the conduct of the capacity building workshop||12||July 27||20|
|Submission of training reports to include pictures, photographs and group photos with participants during and after the training||3||August 15||30|
|Submission of developed action plan including recommendations from the 3 days’ workshop on pathway towards mitigating drivers of conflict and recruitment into violent extremism. Submission of detail final report to NE Connection||1||September 10, 2022||20|
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree or HND in Development Studies, Political Science, and International Relations, Disaster and Risks Management, or any related field.
- Have evidence of 4 years of experience of past work-related engagement in the northeast is preferred and at least 2 similar consultancies carried out on strategy development.
- Familiar with Adamawa State’s social, cultural, and political context
- Experience in providing technical and organizational support and capacity building
- In-depth knowledge of northeast crises trend with engagement experience in Adamawa State.
- Equipped with a sufficient level of awareness and knowledge on Peacebuilding, conflict mediation, cohesion, and CVE.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good technical facilitation capacity.
- Excellent documentation skill is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet datelines.
Estimated Total Cost
Daily rate should be around NGN29,642.00
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 27th May, 2022.
Questions Due Date
2:00 PM: 24th May, 2022.
Method of Application
All correspondence and / orinquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
Please submit the following documents to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to [email protected] no later than the above date.
- No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder.
- The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/25/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International
Click Here for Scope of Work (MS Word)
Click Here for Terms & Conditions (MS Word)
Click Here Budget Template (MS Excel)
Click Here for W-9 Form (PDF)
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable)are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity.However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please click HERE.