The New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) invites interested, competent and reputable Contractors and Consultants as well as government Research Institutions with relevant experience and a good record of accomplishment to tender EOI and Pre-Qualification documents for the procurement of the following works:
The New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) is an economic development program of the African Union. NEPAD was adopted at the 37th session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government in July 2001 in Lusaka, Zambia.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification / Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Implementation of 2022 Capital and Zonal Intervention Projects
The New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) in keeping with its mandate and in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007, intends to implement the 2022 Capital, Constituency and Zonal Intervention Projects domiciled in the Agency. The Agency hereby invites interested, competent and reputable Contractors and Consultants as well as government Research Institutions with relevant experience and good record of accomplishment for the procurement of the under listed:
Scope of Works
- Lot A: Construction, Supply and Installation of Solar Lights
- Lot B: Construction of Solar and Motorized Boreholes
- Lot C: Construction and Rehabilitation of Roads, Drainage’s, Bridges and Culverts
- Lot D: Construction, Rehabilitation and Furnishing of Buildings
- Lot E: Erosion control works
- Lot F: Supply of Vehicles
- Lot G: Supply of Empowerment Materials
- Lot H: Supply of Seedlings and Agricultural Products:
- Lot J: Supply of Educational Materials
- Lot K: Training and other Services:
Consultancy Services:Eligibility Requirements
For purposes of evaluation, interested Contractors Consultants should supply the under listed information including but not limited to the following:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1,1 or CAC and CAC7
- Evidence of company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31″ December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover of N50 million for Works, and N30 million for Goods & Services
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31″ December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31″ December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP
- Sworn Affidavit not earlier than Monday, 21″ February, 2022:
- A Sworn Affidavit certifying that the company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- A Sworn Affidavit that none of the Directors of the Company has been convicted for criminal offence à relation to fraud or financial impropriety in any court in Nigeria or elsewhere.
- That the company does not have existing loan or financial liability with a bank, other financial institution or third party that is classified as doubtful, non-performance, bad or whose repayment portion has been outstanding for the last four (4) months.
- Company’s Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021) duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s profile with the Curriculum Vitae of the Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/ Professional qualifications;
- Consultancy Service: Evidence of Firm’s current registration with the relevant regulatory professional body(ies) such as Company’s valid accreditation issued by Centre for Management Development (CMD) for Training:
- Electricity jobs: Evidence of current Licence issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA);
- Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the Vehicles:
- Verifiable document evidence of at least three (3) years similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letter of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificate and Photographs of the Projects.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12;00 Noon Wednesday, 1st June, 2022.
Opening of EOI and Pre-Qualification Documents
The EOI and the pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 Noon, Wednesday 1″ June, 2022, in the Car Park at:
No. 12 Faranah Street,
Wuse Zone 2,
F.C.T – Abuja.
Please, ensure that you sign the EOI/Bid Submission Register in the office of the Head of Procurement, as the Agency will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Submission of EOI Documents (Consultancy Services)
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound of Expression of Interest (Eol) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with (the Lot number) and addressed to The Chief Executive Officer, New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD),
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Office of the Head of Procurement not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of Documents (Goods & Works)
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents for each of the Lot desired; two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Invitation for Prequalification”; and addressed to The Chief Executive Officer, New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) and clearly marked with (the Lot number).
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Office of the Head of Procurement not later than the specified closing date.
- EOIs/Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- EOIs/Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- All cost will be borne by the bidders;
- Attendees at the bids opening shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidder who chooses to join the bid opening online;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Goods & works: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened
- Services: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposal;
- Arrangement of EOI/Technical Documents in hard copies should follow the order in the list above and appropriately paged. The EOI/technical documents should have a table of content indicating the pages, which these items are to be found. Failure to comply with this directive will result in disqualification of the bidder.
- The New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.