Creative Associates / Northeast Connection Program invites interested and eligible consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Nigeria Program Management Consultant
RFQ Number: CRFQ-HQ-0536
Location: Yola, Nigeria
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., Washington, DC, on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
- Creative Associates International, Inc., acting on behalf of the Nigeria Northeast Connection in Nigeria is soliciting offers for technical expertise in accordance with the Scope of Work included in Attachment 1, and Creative’s Consultant Agreement Terms and Conditions included in Attachment 2.
ATTACHMENT 1 – Scope of Work
- The Nigeria Program Management consultant will provide NE Connection support to develop processes and tools that will guide program activities through the Activity Cycle, from concept to closure, working with and through multiple teams: Programs, Grants, Procurement and Finance.
- Estimated period of performance: May 1, 2022 – September 31, 2022.
- Estimated Level of Effort: Around 100 days.
- Estimated total cost: Daily rate should be between $300-350/day.
- Creative Associates seeks an STTA Nigeria Program Manager for the Northeast Connection program to develop processes and tools that will guide program activities through the Activity Cycle, from concept to closure, working with and through multiple teams: Programs, Grants, Procurement, and Finance.
- The position will be based in the head program office, located in Yola, with travel and work expected to be carried out in the northeastern states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. The Program Manager will also ensure continued program collaboration with Creative Home Office in the Washington DC area.
- Reporting directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and in close coordination with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Nigeria Program Manager will ensure that program activities are designed, implemented and completed in line with program strategy.
- S/he will closely coordinate with all program-related team members in Yola and in field offices to ensure on-time and on-message delivery of activity and program aims. S/he will provide close oversight and guidance to the Program Managers.
- The consultant will be based overseas.
2.) Tasks To Be Performed
- Work with the COP, DCOP, and HO Team to review existing processes and tools for grants programming to identify efficiencies and outline steps needed to be taken to improve the process.
- Train the Grants team, Program Managers, and MEL Officers on the improved grants processes.
- Design processes and related tools for rapid response programming and directly implemented activities, enabling managers to provide oversight of program implementation to ensure activities deliver to intention and schedule and drive continuous improvement in process and outcomes.
- Train managers from various departments (Grants, Procurement, MEL, and Program) on the new processes and tools for rapid response programming and directly implemented activities.
- Review concept notes, budgets, and workplans for six direct implementation activities and provide guidance to Grants, Procurement, MEL, and Program departments to help enforce the new processes and tools.
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings between Finance, Grants, Procurement, MEL, and Program teams to identify additional issues/bottlenecks and ensure the new processes and tools are being used correctly for nine direct implementation activities, and ultimately that activity clearance keeps pace with demand and remains compliant with program strategy and rules/regulations.
- Advise the Senior Management Team and HQ team on expected and actual commitments and expenditure and provide quality control on both cash requests and internal/external projections for 3 months.
- Travel to field offices in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa to train field teams and ensure that processes and tools are consistently and practically applied into program operations.
- Conduct research to identify new partners for civil society and transition activities.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the COP.
3.) Results and / or Deliverables
|Submission of report and workplan that suggests efficiencies and outlines timelines and steps that will be taken to improve grants processes.||May 15, 2022||10%|
|Submission of first draft of documented processes and related tools for rapid response programming.||May 22, 2022||10%|
|Submission of monthly report – outlines outcomes from team meetings and trips, updated consultancy workplan and upcoming travel plans.Approved processes and related tools for rapid response programming.Final approved 2 direct implementation concept notes, budgets, and workplans.||June 1, 2022|
|Submission of first draft of documented processes and related tools for directly implemented activities||June 6, 2022||10%|
|Approved processes and related tools for directly implemented activities.Final approved 2 direct implementation concept notes, budgets, and workplans.||June 17, 2022||10%|
|Train Grants team, Program Managers, and MEL Officers on the improved grants processes and rapid response and directly implemented activities processes and tools – submission of attendance sheets, training documents, training agenda, and a training report that outlines what went well and if there is a need for additional trainings.Submission of monthly report – outlines outcomes from team meetings and trips, updated consultancy workplan and upcoming travel plans.Final approved 2 direct implementation concept notes, budgets, and workplans.Approval of 2 rapid response grant packages.||July 1, 2022||10%|
|Submission of monthly report – outlines outcomes from team meetings and trips, updated consultancy workplan and upcoming travel plans. At this point, report should also include notes on the implementation progress/challenges for DI activities.Submit revised workplans for 2 direct implementation based on implementation progress||August 1, 2022||10%|
|Submission of monthly report – outlines outcomes from team meetings and trips, updated consultancy workplan and upcoming travel plans. At this point, report should also include notes on the implementation progress/challenges for DI activities.Submission of a list of new partners for civil society and transition activities.Submit revised workplans for 4 direct implementation based on implementation progress||September 1, 2022||10%|
|Final Report||September 30, 2022||10%|
4.) Other Matters
- The consultant will report to Albert Pam, NE Connection Chief of Party (COP).
- Creative HQ will help coordinate your international travel logistics and will pay for your travel costs directly. Danger Pay is provided to consultants in line with Department of State rates and is paid on 80% of the consultant’s daily rate for a maximum of 40 hours per week, regardless of whether or not the consultant opted to work for a 6th or 7th day during a given week in which he/she was located in a Danger Pay location.
5.) Desired Qualifications
- A Master’s Degree and three (3) years of relevant professional experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of relevant professional experience;
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous field-based experience working on complex, challenging operations in conflict affected environments as a Program Manager, Regional Program Manager (RPM), DCOP or other similar role;
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience, preferably in an international setting;
- Programming experience with a donor, contractor or international NGO managing an office or program with demonstrated supervisory experience of diverse field teams;
- Experience with activity and program design, strategy development, implementation, activity close-out and adaptive management;
- Experience with grant management;
- Exceptional written skills;
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Exceptional analysis, logical reasoning and presentation skills, enabling training and capacity building of team members;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff, fostering overall good dynamics within and between teams;
- Ability and willingness to work and travel within Northeast Nigeria; and
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022 at 04:00PM Eastern Standard Time
Methof of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] . Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
- Please submit the following documents to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Please note: “Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable)” are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity. However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the Creative website. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please Click HERE