Slum2school Africa is a volunteer-driven developmental organization with a vision to transform the society by empowering disadvantaged children to realize their full potential. Founded in 2012, we recognize that there are severe shortcomings in the educational sector in Africa and in this area, seek to improve the lives of Africa’s most precious resource – her children. We provide educational scholarships, create learning spaces and provide other psychosocial support for disadvantaged and vulnerable children in slums and indigent communities through our team of dedicated staff who possess our culture, competence, commitment, and have the right character.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Call for Contractor: Reconstruction of a Football Pitch
Location: Adekunle Primary School, Makoko / Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Project Timeline: 2nd of October (Start Date) – 10th of November (Completion Date)
- We are seeking qualified specialist contractors to undertake the reconstruction of a football pitch at Makoko, Yaba Lagos, Nigeria. The project involves the execution of a high-quality pitch with concrete sub-base and turf finish.
The reconstruction of the football pitch should include:
- Installation of proper Drainage network within the pitch to prevent water accumulation
- Stabilization & Construction of the concrete sub-base
- Installation of damp-proof membrane to prevent rising water (a water-logged area)
- Installation of green turf on a surface area of approximately 980sqm.
- Lasting White-Lining on the pitch
- Repair of perimeter poles, gates, advert banners and goal posts
- Painting of the perimeter poles, gates, advert pole and goal posts
- Replacement of perimeter nettings (only the lower part of the perimeter nets should be replaced while the upper part should be made good)
- Water flooding solutions for the walkway outside the pitch
- Painting and roofing of the spectator stands
- Adequate lighting systems for optimal visibility during evening events.
- Coordinating all project activities.
- Ensuring compliance with local regulations and safety standards.
- Valid contractor’s license and necessary permits.
- Proven experience in constructing similar football pitch projects.
- A track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to manage all aspects of the project, from planning to execution.
- Access to necessary equipment and resources.
- Meeting material specifications for approval from the client.
- A visit to the proposed site.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2023 (11:59 AM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their proposals to “Mary Omange” via: [email protected]: using the Title as the subject of the mail.
Interested contractors are requested to submit the following:
- Company profile and relevant experience.
- Previous project references.
- Proposed project timeline.
- Detailed cost estimate, including materials, labor, and any additional expenses.
- Selection Process: Contractors will be evaluated based on their experience, proposed approach, timeline, and cost estimate.
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited for interviews or presentations.
- Contact Information: For inquiries, please contact Mary Omange via: [email protected] or 08142828750.