Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as indigenous organizational, registered in 2009 with its headquarter in Abuja, and presence in the four geopolitical regions of Nigeria. It aims to provide technical assistance to the government and people of Nigeria in the implementation of public health and development programs.
AHNi implements projects in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, health systems strengthening, sexual and reproductive health/family planning and humanitarian projects for internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugees in protection, health, and nutrition. AHNi also offers technical assistance and service delivery in integrated maternal, neonatal and child health (IMNCH), monitoring and evaluation (M&E), laboratory support, behavior change communication (BCC), policy and legislation, gender/key populations, public-private partnership (PPP), and grants management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Procurement and Supply Chain Management (C19RM)
Location: Abuja (with travels)
Global Fund (C19RM)
Commencement Date: 14th August 2023
Duration: 80 Days with the Possibility of extension
Supervise and Report to: Senior Technical Officer – Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM)
- The Global Fund C19RM is designed to respond to COVID-19 in three ways: COVID-19 control and containment interventions, including personal protective equipment (“PPE”), diagnostics, treatment, communications, and other public measures.
- COVID-19-related risk mitigation measures for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria programs including, but not limited to, support for COVID-19 interventions needed to safely implement campaigns, community and health facility-level HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria programs; and Expanded reinforcement of key aspects of health systems, such as laboratory networks, supply chains, and community-led response systems to address advocacy, services, accountability, and human-rights-based approaches.
- Hence, the consultants will support the implementation of C19RM implementation in Abuja with visits to supported states.
- Consultancy services to support the ongoing COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) Implementation (Procurement and Supply Chain Management).
The services of the Consultant working with the C19RM team will include but not limited to the following:
- Support the PSM team to coordinate an efficient health commodity logistics system for the C19RM grant.
- Support the LMCU and facilities to generate quality bi-monthly Combined Report and Requisition Form (CRRF) and Patient per Regimen (PPR) and ensure entry into the Nigerian Health Logistics Management Information System (NHLMIS) in the C19RM grant.
- Support the state logistics management coordinating unit (LMCU) to generate a harmonized last mile delivery (LMD) order, track commodity order status, carry out stock status analysis, and post-gap analysis for all GF supported sites.
- Ensure proper inventory management across all supported facilities and proper storage of HIV/AIDS commodities to prevent expiry and wastages.
- S/he will work to harmonize the various PSM deliverables in the grant into manageable databases that will be responsive to the needs of the program in key decision-making as it relates to COVID-19.
- Support facility staff to develop and maintain systems and processes for requisition and receipt of health commodities for the C19RM grant.
- Conduct monitoring and supportive visit (MSV) to supported facilities and provide capacity building, and mentorship to Pharmacy and Laboratory focal persons on proper documentation into all logistics management information system (LMIS) tools.
- Support and coordinate the planning, Implementation, and delivery of high-quality antiretroviral drugs, Pharmacy Best Practices, Pharmacovigilance, and differentiated service delivery (DSD) models of care.
- Ensure regular adherence to regimen optimization while monitoring transition of HIV-positive clients to the recommended Dolutegravir-based regimen.
- Build capacity of Pharmacist and other health workers on adverse drug reaction screening and identification related to COVID-19
- Coordinate the monitoring, reporting and collation of adverse drug reactions reports relating to COVID-19 for the State and transmitting same to the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
- Coordinate devolvement of stable, eligible, and willing clients to the various DSD models such as Community Pharmacy ART Refill Program (CPARP), Community ART Refill Club (CARC), self-forming and family-centered Community ART Refill Group (S-CARG & F-CARG), Home Refill, Fast Track etc.
- Ensure implementation of multi-month dispensing (MMD3 and MMD6) for all eligible clients
- Any other duties assigned.
- B.Pharm, or PharmD in relevant fields with 3 to 5 post-NYSC experience providing services to PLHIVs in Nigeria.
- Possession of a postgraduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in facilitating technical trainings is required.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-changing and challenging environment.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Applications submitted electronically, with the subject bearing the position of interest will be treated.
- Suitability statement and CV must be in one MS Word
- Applicants must be resident in the state.