SELECTION OF A TRAVEL AGENCY FOR ECOWAS COMMISSION
INVITATION FOR BIDS
ICB NO: 01/ECW/DAGS/ABUJA/2023 DATE: 31ST JULY 2023.
1. The ECOWAS, within the framework of the execution of its 2023 budget intends to carry out the selection of a Travel Agency with proven expertise to process various aspects of official travel of ECOWAS Institutions in Abuja, including but not limited to airline ticketing, hotel reservations, travel advisory, assistance with formalities related to the shipment of human remains, and other travel related services.
2. The main objective is to provide travel management and related services including, but not limited to airline ticketing and airport transfer, and related services at the lowest cost for Staff Members and/or their dependents (for purpose of official and non-official Travels) and Consultants, Government Officials and Participants attending meetings or on official business for the ECOWAS Institutions.
3. The ECOWAS Commission now invites sealed bids in one lot from eligible qualified Travel Agencies from one of ECOWAS Member States and duly registered in the Country of Origin and in Nigeria (through a local partner duly registered in Nigeria). This is necessary because Only Nigerian based Agencies can issue Airline tickets such as: British Air Ways, Lufthansa, Emirates, and few others at affordable fares given that most of the Commissions’ travels originate from Nigeria.
4. Interested eligible Travel Agencies may obtain further information at the following address and official hours: ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of Administration and General Services, Procurement Division, 1st Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, Abuja, Nigeria; Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Email: [email protected] with copy to [email protected] [email protected] , [email protected] ; [email protected]
5. The Bidding Document is available for all operators at the Procurement Division, Directorate of Administration and General Services, ECOWAS Commission located on the first (1st) floor at the address mentioned above. A complete set of Bidding Documents (English or French) can be obtained by interested Travel Agencies upon submission of a written application addressed to the Directorate of Administration and General Services, and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Two Hundred US Dollars (USS 200), or its equivalent in a free convertible currency acceptable to ECOWAS, in cash or by banker’s cheque in favour of ECOWAS Commission.
6. For Bidders outside Nigeria, the Bidding Document can be mailed to interested Bidders upon payment (by Transfer) of non-refundable fee of Two Hundred US Dollars (US$200) only, to ECOWAS Commission (transfer charges borne by the bidder). The account details will be made available upon request.
7. Bids shall be valid for 120 Days from the deadline of submission.
8. Bids must be accompanied by an Original Bid Security (bank guarantee or insurance bond) of Five Thousand US Dollars only (US$5,000) or its equivalent in a free convertible currency acceptable to ECOWAS.
NB: This Bid Security must remain valid for thirty (30) days after the expiration of the bid validity period which give a total bid security validity period of 150 Days. If the Banking Institution issuing the Bank Guarantee is located outside the ECOWAS fifteen (15) Member States, it shall have a correspondent Financial Institution located in one of the fifteen Member States to make it enforceable. Bidders are invited to strictly follow this instruction.
9. Bids (1 Original and 3 copies) shall be deposited on or before 15th September 2023 at 11:00 am (local time, GMT+1) in the ECOWAS Tender Box located at the Directorate of Administration and General Services, Procurement Division Office, 1st Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, Abuja, Nigeria. Bidders are requested to provide an electronic copy (PDF and Excel Sheet) of their bid in a USB drive. The electronic copy of the bids must also be inserted in the envelope.
10. Bids should be clearly marked “Selection of a Travel Agency for ECOWAS COMMISSION” “Do not open, except in presence of the Opening Committee” and should comprise a technical proposal in line with the description of services; and a financial proposal including all services charges and discount supported or offered by the Travel Agency (exclusive of taxes). The envelope shall also indicate the bidder’s name.
11. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders/representatives who choose to attend on Friday, 15th September, 2023 at 12.00 noon local time (GMT+1). The link for the online opening session will also be communicated to interested bidders.
12. This invitation for Bids is also published at the ECOWAS website.
Commissioner for Internal Services