Farm Radio International is the only international non-profit organization focused on using radio to help African farming communities help themselves. We make radio a powerful force for good in rural Africa – one that shares knowledge, amplifies voices, and supports positive change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, Desk Research Evaluation Synthesis, REGIS Project
- Farm Radio International is a Canadian organization that has been working since 1979 to harness the power of radio to meet the needs of small-scale farmers. In Nigeria, between October 2022 and September 2023, Farm Radio International (FRI) is implementing the third phase of the Radio Enabling Green Innovation at Scale (REGIS) project with funding from the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) contributing to their “Green Innovation Centers for the Agriculture and Food Sector” (GIAE) programme.
- This project phase builds on two earlier phases where Farm Radio International supported radio stations in eight states to produce radio programming focused on the GIAE project topics.
- The overall aim of the third phase is to improve agricultural productivity and income of smallholder women and men farmers in maize, rice, cassava and potato value chains by promoting uptake of good agricultural and business practices, especially for women smallholder farmers, through gender transformative sustainable agricultural radio programming.
Scope of Work
- We are seeking a Consultant (individual or team) to conduct a desk research evaluation synthesis across all 3 phases of the REGIS project.
- The consultancy will focus on reviewing project reports and other relevant documentation as well as conducting some research in order to identify key findings and insights across all three project phases.
- The evaluation will focus on the following areas: value chains, gender equality, business development and sustainability.
- The consultant will work with FRI’s team in Nigeria and the global technical/Specialty Teams (MERL, GEI) to finalize the study methodology, and will conduct the evaluation synthesis.
- The analysis is envisioned to be a comprehensive desk-based review, and include other desk-based data gathering methods (such as phone interviews of key informants or electronic surveys).
- The budget available for this consultancy is up to CAD 12,000 and work will start at the beginning of August 2023 and end September 8, 2023.
Deliverables Days Timeline
- Document review Work begins early August 2023 and ends September 8, 2023
- Revised research methodology
- Draft data collection tools (phone or electronic data collection methods)
- Testing tools (if necessary for phone or electronic data collection)
- Final data collection tools
- Data collection
- Data cleaning, validation, quality control
- Data analysis matrix
- Draft Evaluation Synthesis Report
- Validation workshop – presentation of preliminary study findings to project team/stakeholders
- Final Study Report: 2 versions Including feedback/comments addressed/not and reasoning Clean version without comments
- Substantial experience conducting evaluations using project documents and secondary data sources
- Demonstrated experience conducting evaluations with a number of methodologies
- Knowledge of gender equality, inclusion and global development issues, including an understanding of intersectionality, gender transformation, and African feminisms
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in cross-cultural teams
- Strong writing skills in English
- Knowledge of one or more local languages in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Documents in PDF format to: [email protected] cc: [email protected] using “Evaluation for REGIS Project” as the subject of the email.
A complete application should include the following:
- Technical Proposal – Please include your proposed methodology, timeline, total days needed to complete work, additional expenses, any other relevant information
- An example of similar work carried out by the applicant
- Financial Proposal
- FRI values diversity and inclusion. Women, people with disabilities, and members of other equity-seeking or marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of the recruitment process.
- Hard copies will not be considered or admissible.