The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Development of Resource Directory and Resource Mobilization Strategy for State HIV / AIDS Response
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Part-time
- ECEWS Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria Project (ACE 5) is supporting Cross River State Government to provide HIV/AIDS/TB services across 13 LGAs in Cross River State. The project aims to achieve epidemic control of HIV in Cross River State, by reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV. To achieve this, one key mandate of ECEWS is to Increase resiliency, responsiveness, and accountability of the State Health System by ensuring increased domestic funding for the state HIV/AIDS response.
- In view of the above, ECEWS will support the state HIV/AIDS coordinating entities (SASCP and SACA) to establish the necessary systems that will facilitate effective resource mobilization from public and private entities/stakeholders for the state HIV response. A significant step towards this, is to domesticate the National Domestic Resource Mobilization and Sustainability Strategy (2021-2025) and an implementation plan to actualize the strategy. Also, the identification of potential resource providers to inform a state resource directory.
- To ensure a comprehensive and effective approach, a qualified consultant will be engaged to facilitate the development of the resource directory, resource mobilization strategy and plan.
- Broadly, the consultant will provide technical expertise and guidance to the resource mobilization committee to accomplish the following;
- To identify and collate information on potential resource providers who can contribute to enhancing resources for the state’s HIV response and develop a resource directory.
- To facilitate the domestication of the National Domestic Resource Mobilization and Sustainability Strategy and develop actionable plan to implement the strategies
Specific Deliverables / Output:
- State HIV Response Resource Directory
- State Resource Mobilization strategy and Plan
- Consultancy report
Confidential and Proprietary Information:
- All information, documents and data resulting from the performance of Contractor’s work under this Agreement shall be the sole property of ECEWS.
- Upon termination of Agreement, Contractor agrees to return to ECEWS all property and materials within Contractor’s possession or control which belong to ECEWS, or which contain Confidential Information.
- Ph.D in Business Management, Development Financing, Public Administration, International Development, or any other relevant discipline 5-7 years relevant experience with international development programs, 5 years of which is proven and established track record in fundraising, resource mobilization, business development, development financing and partnership-building at international level.
- MS / MA in Business Management, Development Financing, Public Administration, International Development, or any other relevant discipline and a minimum of 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs, 5 years of which is proven and established track record in fundraising, resource mobilization, business development, development financing and partnership-building at international level.
- Or BS / BA in Business Management, Development Financing, Public Administration, International Development, or any other relevant discipline with a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs, 5 years of which is proven and established track record in fundraising, resource mobilization, business development, development financing and partnership-building at international level
- Demonstrated experience in funding mechanisms and procedures for bilateral and multilateral and development partners, philanthropic organizations, private foundations, or NGOs as well as in grant management.
- Knowledge of the global development financing system, results-based financing, and official development assistance.
- Experience drafting proposals for funding that were successful and that translated into financial resources from diverse sources.
- Experience facilitating domestic resource mobilization activities for states and CSOs.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Capability Statement as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to: [email protected] Application must explicitly state your full names and resource directory and resource mobilization strategy consultant e.g: (Mr. John Doe Resource Directory and Resource Mobilization Strategy Consultant) as the subject of the email.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.