Options Consultancy Services seeks a Senior Programme Manager who will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of large and complex programmes that operate across multiple geographies. The Senior Programme Manager will work closely with other Options’ Departments and programme teams to enable the programme to be carried out on time and to budget and within delivery standards.
Countries: Kenya / Nigeria / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
City: Abuja, London, Nairobi
Source: Options Consultancy Services
Career category: Program/Project Management
Years of experience: 0-2 years
The Senior Programme Manager will work closely with other Options’ Departments and programme teams to enable the programme to be carried out on time, within budget, and within Options’ quality standards of delivery.
This will entail: i) playing a coordination role between programme teams and other countries of operations, and Options’ headquarter departments, such as finances, human resources, legal and compliance, technical teams and the programme management team, ii) working with consortium partners and various external stakeholders, and iii) ensuring that work plans, budgets, reports and contracts are completed following Options and the client’s requirements, at high quality and on time.
Senior Programme Managers bridge coordination between Options headquarters and programmes and are generally expected to support and report to Team Leaders. This position includes regional and international travel.
- Significant experience of working in international development at a Programme Management level
- Extensive experience of the development and management of large, high-risk, complex, multi-country, multi-partner programmes and complex consortium-managed programmes
- Experience of line management and management of teams and coaching and supporting junior Programme Managers
- Experience in distance management of relations between a head office and an internationally based team
- Experience managing grants and contracts funded by donors including FCDO, USAID, BMGF, CIFF and World Bank
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets that operate in consortiums across multiple countries (£10m+)
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience engaging with and managing consortium partners at a senior level as a prime operating across multiple geographies and managing delivery performance
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including consortium partners, donors, and government
- Experience of contract management and performance management approaches used by clients and funders including payment-by-results
- Experience of effective oversight and management of partner contractual delivery, financial reporting, and performance
- Experience developing grant management procedures and managing grant programmes (desirable)
- Experience of networking to build successful relationships with potential clients, collaborators, and consultants (desirable)
- Experience in fundraising/business development (desirable)
- Experience strengthening organisational systems and processes (desirable)
- Experience managing public health programmes and/or programmes
Options offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package specific to each country, for further information please contact HR at [email protected].
- Options is dedicated to equal opportunity for all and recognises that every individual is unique. Whilst we always seek to embrace individual differences and celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we also want to ensure that every team member is suited to their role and that they are given the best opportunity to succeed.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the country they are residing (UK, Nigeria or Kenya)
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form.
- Closing date for applications is: 06 August 2023
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).