African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Data Analyst – Support the Delivery of the African Development Bank’s Work Programme in Nigeria (RDNG)
Department issuing the request: Nigeria Country Department (RDNG)
Job family: Other
Duration of the assignment: Six (6) months
Tentative date of commencement: August 1, 2023
- The Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) has been established with a mandate similar to the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Directorates, to oversee the Bank’s operations in Nigeria.
- RDNG is responsible for delivery of the Bank’s policy dialogue, operations, business development and donor coordination in Nigeria.
- RDNG seeks to recruit a Consultant Data Analyst to assist in reporting on the implementation and delivery of its work programme.
Objective of the Consultancy
- The Data Analyst will support RDNG’s team of operations professionals, including the Operations Support Manager, Regional Programme Officer, Lead Economist, Operations Officer, Task Managers, and other experts in the implementation of its work programme.
- The responsibilities of the Data Analyst include collecting, analyzing, and providing data and reports necessary for the execution of the work program in reusable templates and detailed dashboards.
- He/she, in performing his/her functions, facilitates the work and decision making for RDNG Director General and Management team.
Scope of the Consutancy
The main duties of the Data Analyst include:
- Work closely with RDNG Management and Task Managers to provide information required to facilitate decision making or serve as input to Board Documents, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and management reports originated from or cleared by RDNG Director General;
- Prepare and support SAP, BPPS entries and related tasks to ensure consistency and data integrity;
- Carry out collection and analysis of supervision data, disbursement ledgers and procurement data for active projects in the Nigeria portfolio;
- Support the monitoring and reporting on the performance of projects in the Bank’s Nigeria portfolio, with particular attention to projects at risk;
- Engage different business users, experts, and other critical resources to gather and analyze data;
- Analyze and verify data requirements, and create reliable data platforms;
- Validate information to establish data accuracy and resource reference;
- Provide well-prepared data analytics, information graphics and other reports; and
- Conduct any related duties as requested by the Director General or Operations Support Manager.
- Lead the design and maintenance of a Database for RDNG’s portfolio of active and pipeline projects.
Monitoring of Portfolio and Reporting:
- Ensure regular monitoring of the Bank’s portfolio and Key Performance Indicators;
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports on the management and performance of RDNG’s portfolio, including but not limited to loan/grant signatures and effectiveness, implementation of supervision and procurement plans, quarterly project performance reporting, supervision ratings, disbursement trends, loan cancellations, status of project audits and Project Completion Reports;
- Provide support or inputs to reports on the compliance of the Borrowers with the Bank’s General Conditions and covenants applicable to loans and grants;
- Report on accuracy and completeness of SAP data related to the portfolio;
- Provide detailed country portfolio performance dashboard; and
- Track the delivery of Non-lending operations and provide regular progress reports.
- Assist in ensuring that all reports and activities comply with Bank requirements in terms of Rules, Policies and Presidential Directives that eliminate any audit finding pertaining to tasks.
Preparation of Reviews:
- Assist in the preparation of country portfolio performance reviews;
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of the RDNG Annual Work Program and Budget, and prepare regular updates based on established schedules or as directed; and
- Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly activity reports and portfolio analysis reports.
- Establish working relationships that facilitate the gathering of information, data & relevant documents to assist in the preparation of reports and documents or terms of reference as required by the Director General, RDNG and his designated supervisors.
- The Data Analyst shall work under the overall direction of the Director General and day to day supervision of t the Operations Support Manager.
The assignment will be undertaken by an individual Consultant who meets the following criteria;
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Information Technology, Data Science or a relateddiscipline;
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, modelling, and data visualization;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in compiling management information, data analysis and formulation of datamodels;
- Demonstrated experience in Database design and data Management in Development Finance Institution or similarorganizations;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to analyze business operations for further understanding of strengths and weaknesses which help to facilitate informed decision making.
- Ability to analyze business operations to determine opportunities to fast-track processes that facilitate informed decisionmaking.
- Ability to make effective, timely and well-determined actions and/or intervention for resultsdelivery.
- Project Management – Competency in project cyclemanagement.
- Private Sector experience will be an addedadvantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of data management packages ( E.g Microsoft Excel, Power BI etc)
- Excellent presentation skills, including demonstrated ability to make compelling presentations, including infographics.
Establishment of the Short List
A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end of the Request for
Expressions of Interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria as reflected in their updated resumes.
|Qualifications relevant to the assignment
|Experience in the area of the assignment (business
analytics and Data management)
|Experience with international organisations
|Knowledge of the Africa
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2023 (17:00 WAT).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultants should submit their Expressions of interest (EOI) to “RDNG Recruitment Mailbox” via: [email protected] using “Consultant Data Analyst – Support the Delivery of the African Development Bank’s Work Programme in Nigeria (RDNG)” as the subject of the mail.