Home to more than 160 million people, Nigeria has the largest population and the second largest economy in Africa, and has a major influence on the continent’s political agenda. However, Nigeria has a history of political instability, corruption and mismanagement of public resources, and has recently seen religious and ethnic conflict. As a result, more than half of Nigeria’s population still live in poverty. Despite four peaceful transitions of power since a return to civilian rule in 1999, Nigeria’s politics continue to be characterised by patronage, ineffective opposition, low voter turnout and voting along ethnic and religious lines. Most of Nigeria’s wealth is held by a tiny economic and political elite and many people feel powerless to challenge the current system, campaign for their rights or hold their g
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Adamawa
- Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Christian Aid Nigeria is soliciting quotations from interested vendors with proven track records for the Procurement of Agricultural inputs/materials for the MCF SHF project in Biu, Hawul, Kwaya Kusar/Bayo/Michika and Madagali LGAs. Find the detailed information below:
|S/n||Items/specifications||Unit of Measure||Quantity|
|1||Fertilizer: (NPK15:15:15) 25kg bags||25kg bags||220|
|2||Measuring tapes (10m) Polythene material||Pieces||110|
|3||Rope: 3mm Polythene material 100 yards||Roll||110|
|4||Farming machete: wooden handle and iron blade||Pieces||55|
|5||Hoe: wooden handle and iron blade||Pieces||220|
|6||Sickle: wooden handle and iron blade||Pieces||275|
|8||Liquid foliar fertilizer (Foliar plus – 18.5% Urea)|
Note that the Delivery locations are Biu, Borno State, and Michika, Adamawa State respectively.
Criteria for Prequalification of Bids:
- Bidders are expected to submit a properly signed financial bid with the company’s letterhead paper.
- Evidence of a certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Evidence of Tax Identification Number (TIN)/VAT certificate
- Evidence of providing similar services to reputable organizations (Copies of letters of award & successful completion certificates and supporting reference letters should be attached)
- Evidence of bank account in the name of the company/business entity.
Method of Application
All submitted bids shall be in a sealed and properly labelled envelope with appropriate reference and submitted at:
The Internal Procurement Committee
Christian Aid UK, Nigeria
No 14, Tafawa Balewa Road, Old GRA Maiduguri. Borno State.
All quotes should indicate the following:
- Estimated delivery date by Supplier
- Delivery costs if any (Delivery locations are Biu (Borno State) and Michika (Adamawa State).
- Terms of Payment (After delivery or otherwise)
- Quote validity period
- Availability of samples for assessment
Submission of bids shall close by 5 pm Friday 14th of July 2023.
All tenders/bids shall be considered and evaluated by the Internal Procurement Committee (IPC) based on Christian Aids procurement Guidelines and only successful bidders will be notified for further discussions.