African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EOI – IT Architect Consultant – TCIS
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
Job family: Information Technology
Duration of the services: 6 months (renewable upon satisfactory work)
Start Date is expected to be: 15th June 2023.
- The African Development Bank hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: IT Architect Consultant.
- The objective of the consultancy will be to help and guide the enterprise leaders, solution managers, solution owners and solution delivery teams through transformation and optimization initiatives, supporting the formulation of business strategy, outcomes and capabilities.
- The IT architect’s scope of activities includes helping the organization achieve targeted business outcomes related to optimizing costs, mitigating risks, and improving sustainability, and making smart recommendations.
The consultant’s duties will include the following:
- Proactively identifies and helps the organization respond to disruptive forces.
- Understands the business’s economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation to effectively guide investment decisions.
- Leads the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the enterprise’s business strategy, direction, and architecture.
- Provides perspective on the readiness of the organization to change and innovate through scenario planning techniques and supports formulation of business strategy.
- Facilitates business and IT alignment, connecting strategy to execution, through a collaborative, supportive and consultative manner, driving the organization’s digital business strategies and balancing innovation and growth.
- Translates and guides execution of business strategy to achieve the organization’s targeted business outcomes by leading the development of an implementation roadmap for the enterprise architecture.
- Constructs technology-enabled business and operating models and provides viable options and visibility into execution issues.
- Develops diagnostic and action-oriented deliverables that help guide investment decisions in support of executing business strategy
- Leads analysis of the business’ future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environment to detect critical gaps and opportunities and recommend solutions for improvement to drive the business towards its targeted outcomes
- Provides practical advice and best practices to take advantage of new, or emerging, opportunities and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
- Maintains the alignment, integration and coordination of architecture activities across different programs, projects and products as they evolve over time.
- Presents gap analyses and/or IT investment roadmaps that reflect the status of the existing IT landscape, namely, its ability to contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems and digital platforms.
- Leads analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Leads the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and the varying IT strategies for project-driven or solution-driven delivery teams.
- Develops and applies minimal viable architectures, which can include a set of standards, reference architecture patterns, principles and guardrails, through the EA governance model, which is informed by the business strategy and corporate governance.
- Clarifies accountability and provides the focal point for agile, effective and efficient decision making.
- Collaborates with delivery teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to leverage shared technologies, tools and processes that impact speed to value and time to market
- Collaborates with infrastructure teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, System Analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Eight or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis or experience as an enterprise architecture consultant.
- Eight or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments with preferably a good knowledge and/or experience of SAP 4/Hana and Microsoft technologies
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Understanding of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, and risk management.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture tools, related graphical models, and frameworks.
- Insight into information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Understanding of various operating models such as project-centric and productcentric and also different types of agile principles, methodologies and frameworks, especially those designed to be scaled at the enterprise level.
- Awareness of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments.
- Effective leadership skills with exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong consulting skills such as targeted communications, engagement management, stakeholder management and business development.
- Mastery of all components of enterprise architecture, business & IT principles and processes.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2023 at 17:00 hours (Abidjan local time)
Method of Application
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of interest to the IT Recruitment Team via: [email protected] using”Expression
of Interest – IT Architect Consultant” as the subject of the mail.
- Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this Assignment (documents, reference to similar services, experience in similar assignments, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedures shall be in conformity with the Bank’s procedures for the acquisition of consulting services funded by the administrative or capital expenditure.
- Please, note that interest expressed by a Consultant does not
imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- The assignment period is 06 months, renewable upon satisfactory work. The tentative start date is 15 June 2023.
- Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address above during the Bank’s working hours: from 08:00 to 17:00 hours, Abidjan Local Time.
Establishment of Shortlist:
- A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end the request of expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria – on:
- The basis of their updated resume:
- Level of education in general – 20%
- Educational level compared to the field of mission – 20%
- Years of experience in general – 20%
- Number of years of experience relevant to the mission – 40%
- The basis of their updated resume: