African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expression of Interest – IEL Coordinator Individual Consultant – AHHD
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Job family: Other
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
- The African Development Bank hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following assignment: Coordinator for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Lab (IEL), within the Human Capital Youth and Skills Development Department.
- As part of these activities, the Bank has created the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Lab (IEL) under the Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development Department
- (AHHD) division. The IEL is also a key component under the Boost Africa Program, operated through the Financial Sector Development Department. The objective of the Lab is to support youth employment and entrepreneurship in Africa by strengthening the capacity and operational reach of Enterprise Support Organizations (ESOs), i.e.,business incubators and accelerators and financial intermediaries including fund managers operating at all stages of the startup investment cycle – from seed / angel to exit, and various other intermediaries supporting entrepreneurship.
- The assigned services involve managing the day-to-day activities of the IEL and ensuring successful implementation of the work program. This encompasses managing resources, coordinating daily tasks, and developing strategic priorities for yearly programs. The selected candidate will also oversee the work of consultants, provide technical services and advice on procurement and financial management, and spearhead the recruitment of individual consultants/consulting firms. He/She will plan and monitor the implementation of the IEL work plan, identify potential strategic partners, and ensure timely execution of initiative activities. In addition, the candidate will coordinate with the M&E Consultant and technical leads, and work closely with the Lab Task Manager to achieve the Lab’s objectives and foster innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The assignment duration is 12 months, renewable once based on satisfactory performance, the Bank’s needs, and budget availability. The consultant will be offered a lump sum contract based on his/her experience.
- The AfDB invites individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above described services. Interested individuals must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services through a) a CV; and b) a motivation letter that also refers to the relevant assignments undertaken / positions held that support the candidate’s submission, to be sent by e-mail to the addresses mentioned below.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Use of Corporate Consultants on the following criteria based on the CVs and other documents received. Consultants should be national of one of the AfDB’s member countries.
- General Qualifications and suitability to the Tasks 30
- Experience in the specific assignment 30
- Experience with International Institutions 20
- Language Capacity 10
- Working knowledge of the Africa Region 10.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of interest which must be received at the address below and specifically mentioning “EOI_IEL Coordinator Individual Consultant”.
For the attention of:
NDEYE ABSA GNINGUE
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
- Six shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit a technical and financial proposal for the assignment. Candidates who score over 70% on their technical proposals will be invited to participate in an interview. The final ranking will be determined by a combination of the scores obtained from the proposal assessment (50%) and the interview (50%).
- The Bank is under no obligation to shortlist any individual who expresses interest.
- Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: from 09:00 to 17:00 Abidjan time.
- The total size of the email file transmitted must not be larger than 5 MB, and all documents must be transmitted in ONE (OR MAXIMUM) TWO FILES ONLY. PDF format is preferred. Files containing malware will be deleted and the application rejected. Applications missing files as listed in (5.) above will be disregarded.