TAF Africa is an independent non-governmental organization. TAF Africa is a special focus organization advocating for the recognition and respect of the rights and socio-economic inclusion of people with disabilities in Nigeria; as well as assist and empower them to find their rightful place in society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Programmes)
Location: Central Business District, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Develop and implement grant proposals, work plans, monitoring and evaluation of grant activities, and budgets.
- Support the design and implementation of project activities.
- Ensure all project targets are met and manage project delivery phases on time and achieves high-quality expected results.
- Develop project methodology and approach, including identification and selection of projects’ beneficiaries and participants.
- Work closely and adequately with the program team toward achieving measurable outcomes.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and hands-on support towards organizational capacity development.
- Ensure appropriate compliance, reporting, and documentation on programmes and interventions in line with agreed standards and donor requirements.
- Develop, nurture, and manage relationships with stakeholders including partners, donors, organizations of persons with disabilities, civil society organizations, government institutions and the media.
- Ensure adherence to the organization’s policies.
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and Programmes Manager.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Experience)
- Relevant University Degree in Development Studies, Sociology, Social Work, Project Management, Law, or a related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in any of the disciplines above is an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in managing donor-funded intervention projects at national and sub-national levels, with preference given to disability inclusion and governance activities.
- Proven experience in supporting fundraising opportunities, including proposal development.
- Experience in working with the community of persons with disabilities, civil society organizations, government institutions and other stakeholders.
- Good relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft suites (Word, Excel Sheet, PowerPoint) and Statistical Packages.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required and working knowledge of local language.
- Excellent interpersonal, advocacy, stakeholder engagement, communications, research, and facilitation skills
- Ability to take initiative, plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as a member of a team.
- Strong ability to execute work with an inclusion lens
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: