African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EOI – Provision of General Services and Corporate Procurement Consultant – CHGS / RDGS
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
Job family: Other
Department: General Services and Procurement
Duration of the services: 6 months (may only be renewed subject to requirement of the Bank and availability of resources)
Start Date is expected to be: 1st June 2023.
- The African Development Bank hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Provision of General Services and Procurement Consultancy services to the African Development Bank’s Regional Directorate located in Pretoria, South Africa, from 1st June 2023.
The services to be provided under the Assignment include:
- Assist in the development of Purchase Strategies for procurement of commodities, works and services for RDGS wide and assigned Project Management Office Prepare and assist in planning of activities for the procurement of works, goods and services for the
- Facilities management projects being implemented at RDGS.
- Assisting the Facilities Management team with the development of statement of work, terms of reference, technical specifications, scope of work, comprehensive descriptions and completeness of information related to the procurement of goods and works.
- Prepare and compile bidding documents as per designated thresholds, float tenders and ensure smooth bidding process in compliance with the Bank’s procedures.
- Ensure organization of bid opening committees, bid opening and bid evaluation processes in accordance with the Bank’s procurement rules.
- Compile bid opening and evaluation reports and ensure approvals as per the
- Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Assist on issuance of Purchase Orders, contract review and signature, expediting of procurement processes and communication with external customers for all projectsrelated procurement issues
- Determine appropriate procurement method, contract type and solicitation method for procurements before bid floatation.
- Analyze information, make recommendations, and write reports to support analytical work.
- Prepare, compile, work on, present and defend procurements above required threshold to committees such as Purchasing Committee representations for corporate procurement in the Region.
- Develop and prepare bids for procurement activities, convert them into contracts for the RRC and affiliated Project Management Office.
- Collate statistical, other information and conduct research to support recommended actions, to determine industry standards and price discounts, to locate goods, works and services.
- Ensure good relationships or partnerships between the Bank and selected vendors, in order to maintain and safeguard capacity, quality, cost and continuity of relationship in the long-term.
- Prepare quarterly reports on General Services and Procurement Matters related to the RDGS Facilities Management projects
- Assist on working with End Users on Service Level Agreements and timely communicate with contractors to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
- Draft and compile contract before they are submitted to legal department for clearance.
- Assist and ensure contract closeout, by writing to contractor and End User on the
- performance of the contract, reconciling the outcome and prepare a file note for closing contract file.
- Provide inputs and support preparation of briefings on project procurement issues, related to procurement of facilities management statistics periodically etc.
The consultant shall deliver the following deliverables for this assignment:
- Produce Monthly report of the activities s/he’s done indicating the number of procurement cases s/he handled and the number of contracts s/he handled.
- Summarise the number and nature of facilities management procurement activities handled
- Deliver any other duties as assigned.
- The estimated duration of the services is six months, may only be renewed subject to requirement of the Bank and availability of resources.
Qualifications and Experience Required
To qualify for this position:
- The Consultant must have Procurement Professional qualifications from a recognized Institution in their country of origin or abroad, a Master’s Degree in any field plus a minimum of seven years experience OR procurement professional qualification from a recognized Institution locally or abroad, First Degree in any field and a minimum of nine years’ experience.
- In both cases, the candidate shall have proven procurement and contracts management practical experience Knowledge and exposure on procurement of works for Facilities-related projects (i.e. buildings, technical equipment such as generators, solar energy equipment, CCTV and access control etc) for a minimum of five years will be an advantage
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2023 at 16:00 hours (South Africa) time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of interest to: [email protected] and cc: [email protected] using “Consultancy for the Provision of General Services and Corporate Procurement Consultancy Services to the Southern African Regional Directorate and Business Delivery Office of the African Development Bank- Chgs/Rdgs” as the subject of the mail.
- Interested eligible individuals shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this assignment (level of education in general and related to the assignment, documentation, qualifications, reference to similar services, experience in comparable assignments, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework for projects financed by the Bank Group, October 2015 Edition, available on the Bank Website at http://www.afdb.org
- Please, note that interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- The estimated duration of services is six months, and the estimated starting date is 1 June 2023
- Interested Individual Consultants may submit questions and requests for clarifications to: [email protected]
- This expression of interest notice exclusively seeks to prepare a shortlist of a maximum of six (06) individual consultants that the Bank will invite to submit proposals. The shortlist will be elaborated based on the following criteria:
- General qualifications – 30
- Experience in the specific assignment described in the TOR – 40
- Experience with International Organisation with similar mandate – Knowledge of African Development Bank rules (either projects financed by the Bank or working with the Bank is an added advantage.) -10
- Familiarity to use and application of different IT packages, such as SAP, Windows applications. – 10
- Language proficiency- English – 5
- Knowledge of the region – Experience of working in African countries – 5
- The Bank reserves the right to modify, amend or cancel this expression of interest notice at any time during this process.