African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expressions of Interest: Consultant Analyst Officer – AHGC
Location: Homebased (Required to report to the headquarters in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire upon request)
Consultant Type: Individual Consultant
Estimated Duration of Services: 12 Months
Expected Start Date of the Assignment: 15th May, 2023
Working Hours: 08h00- 17h00 GMT
Job Family: Gender
- The African Development Bank Gender Strategy (2021-2025) whose objective is to operationalize the Bank’s commitment to gender equality as espoused in the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) extended to 2023.
- The strategy will guide the Bank to effectively integrate gender equality into its operations and promote gender equality in Africa. The Bank will therefore contribute to inclusive growth and social progress by broadening opportunities for women and men to participate equally in, and benefit from, the creation of wealth.
- The strategy is anchored in the Bank’s overall vision of supporting Africa’s transformation into a competitive, diversified, integrated, and prosperous continent, fully participating in global trade and investment – a continent whose high quality growth creates more employment opportunities for all, especially women and youth.
- This strategy seeks to strengthen gender mainstreaming in the Bank’s High 5 Priorities of Light Up and Power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and Improve the Quality of Life for the People of Africa.
The services to be provided under the Assignment include:
- The Consultant will support gender mainstreaming and civil society engagement in the Bank’s operations. Within this context, the consultant will support the Bank’s efforts to subsequently enhance women’s economic empowermen
Objectives of the Assignment
- The African Development Bank’s (AfDB), Gender Women and Civil Society Department is seeking to recruit a consultant for a period of 12 months to support its analytical work stream on women economic empowerment and civil society engagement.
- The Consultant will support gender mainstreaming and civil society engagement in the Bank’s operations. Within this context, the consultant will support the Bank’s efforts to subsequently enhance women’s economic empowerment.
Main Activities and Deliverables
Under the supervision of the Director and in his/her front office, the Consultant will:
- Provide analytical support at the Department level, across all work streams to feed intO policy dialogue and all documents produced by the Department.
- Analyze all technical documents and data incoming to and outgoing from the Director’s front office to ensure highest standards of quality.
- Follow up and support regular reports by divisions on their respective action plans and help identify any slippages and propose corrective measures.
- Support the work done on Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) at the departmental level.
- Distill and document lessons for policy dialogue, advocacy, and future programming.
- Initiate and support studies work in the area of the three pillars of the Gender Strategy.
- Help in identifying economic sector work in consultation with operation task-managers.
- Co-design monitoring and evaluation systems for AHGC/gender, women and CSE’s work within and outside of the Bank at the operational, policy and corporate level.
- Co-develop key performance indicators across the Bank for measuring impact of gender, women and CSE.
- Co-develop guidelines and tools for data collection and reporting on achievements in gender, women and CSE in the Bank’s work.
- Co-conduct data cleaning, management and analysis using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Analyze, synthesize and interpret data with regard to the department’s progress/results, write technical publications and make recommendations for strengthening policies and operations.
- Train task managers on collection and analysis of the department’s data.
- Identify in consultation with task managers areas for further research.
Administration / Reporting:
- The Consultant will be under the direct supervision of the Director of Gender, Women, and Civil Society Department and would be required to submit a monthly report detailing the activities carried out and the status of each activity.
Duration and Location of the Assignment:
- This is a twelve (12) month consultancy, beginning on 8th May 2023. The Consultant will be homebased but be required to report to the headquarters in Abidjan upon request and to participate in the field visits of the Director when needed.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Post Graduate Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Economics, Finance, Audit, Business Administration, Development Economics or other related field.
- Having a minimum 10 years of general experience and at least 4 years in finance or audit in the private sector.
- Understanding of the banking sector and financial analysis of SMEs combined to a sound knowledge of public policies for WSMEs development.
- Knowledge of and/or practice of public sector work in economic ministries is desirable.
- Strong analytical ability to process data.
- Experience in and ability to think innovatively and work across multiple sectors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Client and results-oriented with strong analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills, sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to work without close supervision.
- Fluency in English and/or French.
- Competent in the use of standard software applications (MS Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Be a national of one of the member countries of the Bank.
- The Consultant will receive a monthly lump sum. No additional benefits or per diems will be paid.
- The consultant is responsible for his/her own health insurance and accommodation costs. The Bank will cover full costs of any required missions and provide per-diem in accordance with rules governing consultant mission travel.
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2023 at 17h00 GMT.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of Interest (CV, Documents, Reference to similar services, experience in similar assignments, etc.) to:Alesse Allaba Lucette: [email protected] , [email protected] and Copy: [email protected] using “Consultant Analyst Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: 08h00- 17h00 GMT:
For the attention of: Mrs. MALADO KABA,
African Development Bank,
Gender, Women, and Civil Society Department,
Telephone: +225 20214306.
- The Gender, Women, and Civil Society Department invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services. Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this Assignment (CV, documents, reference to similar services, experience in similar assignments, etc.).
- The position is open to nationals of one of the Bank Group’s Member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Procurement Policy and Procedure for Corporate Consultants Recruitment.
- Interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.