TITLE: REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF LOGISTICS – SNACKS FOR ACTIVITY IN BAYELSA
RFQ NUMBER: JSI-2023-03-001-M-RITE PROJECT(PROCUREMENT OF LOGISTIC-SNACKS FOR ACTIVITY)
LOCATION: YENAGOA, BAYELSA
JSI-PAYMENT TERMS: WITHIN 30 DAYS OF DELIVERY AND PRESENTATION OF COMPLETED, SIGNED INVOICE AND DELIVERY NOTE
JOHN SNOW, INCORPORATED (JSI) – We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
- Bayelsa State is located in the South-South region of Nigeria, which is in the core Niger Delta Region. This region is a low-lying plain riddled with an intricate system of water channels through which the Niger finds its way into the ocean. It is a terrain that is scarred by a network of tributaries, creeks and rivers. Last year, a majority of the state capital and some Local Government Areas, as well as some communities were overrun by flood. Thus, making increasing Covid-19 coverage in the state a major challenge.
- Bayelsa State is currently a major hub for the Nigerian Navy, with strategic Naval Bases and personnel. The Nigerian Airforce, Army, and Nigeria Police have several Barracks; populated by their personnel and family members. Similarly, the FRSC, Nigeria Immigration, Nigeria Customs Service, the Nigeria Security &Civil Defense Corp and other Paramilitary agencies have formations in Bayelsa.
- But it is very pertinent to note that, a high percentage of these people are either partially vaccinated or have Zero doses of the Covid-19 vaccines administered. Again, the ever-volatile security situation, is making the plethora of military and paramilitary squads to be moving from one location to the other. Which is making it difficult to track and pin them down at a particular location. This is one of the reasons why Bayelsastate in the last part of 2022 was amongst the low-performing states in the federation; in terms of Covid-19 coverage.
- Thus, making this category of Military and Paramilitary personnel to be of topmost priority.Closely aligned to the above, is the glaring challenge that is posed by the numerous hard-to-reach; due to their riverine terrains. M-RITE conducted a zero-dose analysis for COVID-19 in the Military and Paramilitary Bases and formations in Bayelsastate, and the results showed onlya few of the personnel have been vaccinated.
- Thus, because we are targeting to vaccinate 15,000 of the Military and Paramilitary personnel; this will contribute to a sharp increase in the COVID-19 coverage in Bayelsa state by an additional 17%. From the current 23%, which is edging the state closer to achieving 70% of the national target by May 2023.
Based on projections of what is to be achieved as it pertains to the logistics for Feeding (provision of snacks), below a tabular illustration of our expectation:
|1.||PROVISION & SUPPLY OF SNACKS TO MILITARY & PARAMILITARY PERSONNEL DURING COVID-19 VACCINATION ACTIVITY||15,000||31st Mar – 30th April, 2023||Bayelsa State|
The above activity is slated to run over 32 days and at different Military and Paramilitary locations or formations in Bayelsa State.
- Provision of snacks to the 15,000 vaccinees at different locations in Bayelsa State, over a period of 32 days.
Requirements / Evaluation Criteria
Bidders are expected to submit a properly signed financial bid with company’s letterhead paper. Alongside their CAC documents, TIN Number, Company profile and evidence of past work done, etc. They are to also state the followings:
- Delivery Period
- The Validity period of the quote
- Warranty period
- Any add-on services.
- Open to vendors in Bayelsa State.
- JSI office in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
- Vendors particularly within & around Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
Vendor’s Expected Delivery Date:
- On or before the 3rd of April, 2023.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Bidders should send their Financial Bids to: [email protected] using the Bid Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information (MS Word)
- Following the requirement of the Federal Government of Nigeria, John Snow Incoperated (JSI) will deduct 5% withholding tax from the total contractual sum. Also, note that JSI- is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and is VAT exempted.
- JSI reserves the right to reject any or all bids if it fails to meet the criteria or submitted after the stipulated closing date.
- Only successful bidder(s) shall be notified and will be asked to sign a Local Purchase Order (Contract document) with John Snow Incoperated.
- The Financial bids must be in NGN
- Any submission made after the stipulated date will not be considered.
- This RFQ does not in any way translate to a contract.
- For enquiries, send a mail to: [email protected] .