ACHIEVING HEALTH NIGERIA INITIATIVE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FOR THE PROVISION OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING SERVICES TO 1,000 ADOLESCENT GIRLS AND YOUNG WOMEN (AGYW) IN ANAMBRA STATE
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNI) is a not-for-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, humanitarian services, and technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. AHNI is supporting the government of Nigeria (GON) to enhance sustained cross-sectional integration of HIV/AIDS services by building Nigerian capacity to deliver sustainable high quality, comprehensive, prevention, treatment, care, and related services in various states within Nigeria.
AHNI is hereby seeking the services of interested and eligible VOCATIONAL TRAINING ESTABLISHMENT to provide various practical vocational skills training services to 1,000 Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Onitsha, Nnewi, and Awka in Anambra State as per the scope below:
B. SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
|Lot 1||Make –up and Tying of Gele|
|Lot 2||Hair styling|
|Lot 4||Bead making|
|Lot 5||Catering and confectioneries|
|Lot 6||Digital marketing|
|Lot 7||Events management|
|Lot 8||Hat making|
|Lot 10||Auto mechanic|
C. TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE VOCATIONAL SKILL TRAINING FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER(S)
Successful services provider(s) shall be responsible for the following:
1. Develop a training curriculum for the vocational skill set selected by the indigent girls.
2. Conduct an induction and graduation ceremony at the end of the training period. The training period should be between 2-4months period per course before graduation.
3. Provide training on the writing of business plans and digital marketing.
4. Maintain daily attendance records of the girls enrolled for the training.
5. Advice on materials needed for setting up small-scale businesses for the girls.
6. Provide periodic assessments for the girls to evaluate progress.
7. Must have a catalog of topics to be covered in each skill area.
8. Have a space for training of up to 10-20 trainees per time.
9. Have certificates to issue to the participants after the training (certificates will be co-branded).
10. Have a list of start-up items needed to set up all the business in the vocational skill and a budget.
11. Provide a training schedule.
12. Have handouts for each training topic to be co-branded and issued to participants.
13. Must have a physical presence in any of the mentioned locations (i.e. Onitsha, Nnewi, and Awka in Anambra State).
D. TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE VOCATIONAL SKILL TRAINING FOR AHNI: AHNI shall be responsible for the following:
1. Provide Training fee per candidate enrolled.
2. Provide training materials to each candidate enrolled.
3. Support each candidate with a monthly transport allowance to attend training sessions.
4. Provide support with training log development and printing.
5. Support each candidate who successfully completes vocational skill training with a seed grant to start up small-scale business.
6. Support the training institution to provide training materials to the trainees.
E. EXPECTED TRAINING OUTCOMES:
• 1,000 indigent Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) empowered with income-generating skills via vocational training.
• 1,000 indigent Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) have reviewed & approved written business plans.
• 1,000 indigent Adolescent Girls and young Women (AGYW) started small scale businesses.
7. MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
|1||Company Profile; registered address(s), official/functional emails, telephone numbers and of contact for the company|
|2||Evidence of legal registration document of the company (CAC, FORM CO7 and FORM CO2)|
|3||Latest Tax Clearance Certificate|
|4||Evidence of Financial Capability (most recent audited account), this may not apply to all LOTS.|
|5||Bank Reference Letter duly addressed to AHNI Procurement Committee|
|6||Evidence of provision of any above listed vocational raining yo individuals, cooperative, faith-based organizations or government establishment within the last 3 years; bidders must provide a copy(ies) of award letters and/or contracts.|
|7||Financial Quotation and requisite Commercial Terms (please note that this should include the fee, administrative charges, and any other cost as may be applicable, the cost shall be per head|
8. EVALUATION AND AWARD CRITERIA
The firm must ensure that all requested information above is included in the submission. Proposals will be evaluated as follows:
|STAGES OF BID EVALUATION||EVALUATION DESCRIPTION||EVALUATION APPLICATION|
|1ST STAGE||Complete Conformity to tender Submission Requirements||PASS OR FAIL|
|2ND STAGE||Conformity to Minimum Eligibility Requirement listed 1-6||WEIGHTEDE SCORE>70% represent PASS<70% score represents FAIL|
|3RD STAGE||Physical inspection of training facility and reference checks||PASS OR FAIL|
|4TH STAGE||Conformity to financial quotation listed 8 (i.e clear schedule of fees, delivery lead time, price and discount)||PASS OR FAIL|
|5TH STAGE||Consideration for award||Price Reasonableness, Responsive, and Delivery timeline|
9. SUBMISSION PROCEDURE AND INSTRUCTIONS
Technical Documentation (Criteria 1-6), and Financial Quotation including commercial terms (criteria 7) MUST be submitted in 2 separate envelopes, signed by the authorized representative for those that require same properly labeled with your company name on one side of the envelope as well as its content on the other side of the envelope (e.g, envelope 1- technical document, envelope 2 – financial quotation). You are expected to submit these two (2) envelopes inside one bigger envelope, and submit the same in hard copy to:
The Procurement Committee,
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi),
Plot 512, Celina Anyom Crescent, Near NAF conference Centre, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Jabi District, Abuja- FCT.
10. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO BIDDERS
• For clarification on any aspect of this RFP, please send an email reflecting tender reference to [email protected]
• AHNI is Value Added Tax (VAT) exempted but deducts withholding tax (WHT) in compliance, with relevant Nigerian Tax Laws
• All proposal document submitted including prices must be valid for a period of one (1) year from the proposal due date. This includes but not limited to cost, terms, conditions, and service level agreement.
• You cans provide a proposal for one of all LOTs depending on your operational capacity and specialization and available training facilities
• ANHi requires compliance to the policies on protection against sexual exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and the violence against persons prohibition act (VAPPA, 2015) from its vendors and partners. All prospective bidders must be in compliant to these important policies.
11. CLOSING DATE
All completed proposal documentation document must be hand delivered or couriered to the above address on or before Tuesday 4th April 2023 at 5:00pm GMT.
AHNI reserves the right to select and negotiate with those company it deems in its sole discretion to be qualified for competitive bid and to terminate negotiation without incurring any liability. Issuance of bid document does not constitute a commitment by AHNI to award a contract.