INDUSTRIAL TRAINING FUND (ITF)
NO. 6 ADETOKUNBO ADEMOLA CRECENT, MAITAMA, ABUJA, PMB 126, GARKI, ABUJA
IN COMPLIANCE WITH
INFRASTRUCTURE CONCESSION AND REGULATORY COMMISSION (ICRC) ACT 2005 & NATIONAL POLICY ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (N4P)
INVITATION FOR SUBMISSION OF REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION (RFQ) FOR THE CONCESSION OF ITF’S UN-UTILIZED LANDED ASSET LOCATED ALONG SHEIKH JA’AFAR ROAD, DORAYI, KANO STATE
The Industrial Training was established in 1971 with a primary objective to provide direct training, vocational and apprentice training, research and consultancy service, reimbursement of up to 50% training contribution paid by employers of labour registered with it, and administers the students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES).
Over the years, pursuant to its statutory responsibility, the ITF has expanded its structures, developed training programs, reviewed its strategies, operations and services in order to meet the expanding, and changing demands for skilled manpower in the economy. In a bid to improve its services with regards to the implement and execution of its mandates, and in line with the Federal Government’s policy encouraging ministries, department and agencies to become self-sustaining, the council has sought to generate internal revenues from alternative sources rather than depending only on contribution made by employers and the FGN.
Based on the fore mentioned, the ITF is desirous of inviting interested firms or consortiums to participate in the qualification process for the selection of a concessionaire through a competitive bidding to design, finance, build, operate & transfer of the landed asset of the council in Kano State.
2. PROJECT OBJECTIVES (SCOPE OF WORK)
The ITF invites interested suitably qualified and competent private investors to express interest in partnering with the council on the commercial development of its 23 acres landed asset located along Sheikh Ja’afar road, Dorayi, Kano State.
The overall objective of the selection process would be the successful procurement of a concessionaire with the experience, managerial capacity, technical and financial resources to design, finance, and commercially develop the aforementioned landed asset while also managing and operating the asset under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement. The proposed structures are for commercial and residential purpose.
The terms and conditions for the project implementation with the selected concessionaire will be set out in the concession agreement to be mutually negotiated.
3. REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION (RFQ)
Interested firms and/or consortium of firms may submit their qualification proposals in response to this RFQ Notice, wherein firms and/or consortia will be shortlisted for issuance of a detailed Request for Proposal (RFP).
Details of the project, Application submission process and requirements have been set out in the Request for Qualification (RFQ) document.
4. PRE-QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
The procurement process will be evaluated under a PPP procurement process in two stages; the current Request for Qualification (RFQ) stage and the Request for Proposal (RFP) stage. Full details of the concession plan will be disclosed at the FP stage.
• Evidence of track record of successful completion of similar projects
• Evidence of available financing/access to credit lines to execute the project.
• All firms in a consortium MUST provide evidence of the following statutory documents obtained locally or country or origin,
• Certificate of Incorporation or Equivalent registration documents, copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association and form CO7.
• Evidence of tax clearance certificate (TCC) and returns of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) in the last three years (2019, 2020 and 2021) valid till 31st December, 2022
• Most recent audited financial statement from last three (3) years of firms within the consortium (2019, 2020 and 2021)
• Evidence of pension Clearance certificate valid till 31st December, 2022.
• Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance certificates valid till 31st December, 2022;
• Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
• Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
• Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the ITF and the ICRC or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
5. TENDER REQUIREMENTS
Construction, Technical, Operational and Financial Capability including:
a. Detailed company/consortium profile
• Full name and nationalities (countries of registration of firms or consortia)
• Overall contact person(s), email address, facsimile and telephone numbers
• Profile of firm or firms (if in a consortium); including ownership structure and role of each firm; with full contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses
• Letter of association or participation in the consortium, and a clear role and responsibilities of each firm in the consortium.
b. Experience of undertaking similar projects illustrated by the following
• General experience in the development, operations, investment financing of large scale real estate projects globally/locally (list all relevant track records)
• Specific verifiable experience and track record of designing, financing, construction, operations, maintenance and management of large scale real estate projects globally/locally;
c. Evidence of financial capacity in support of the company or consortium’s ability to undertake the construction and commercial development of the aforementioned landed asset in Kano state with the project sponsor, ITF illustrated by’
• The average turnover per annum in the last three (3) years of at least Three Billion Naira (N3,000,000,000)
• Evidence of adequate financial resources to finance investment; interested applicants must have a minimum net worth of at least One Billion Naira (N1,000,000,000) or its equivalent as shareholder’s equity contribution
d. Experience and expertise of key personnel as illustrated by curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their relevant academic/professional qualifications.
6. METHOD OF SUBMISSION
An original copy and five (5) other copies of Request for Qualification and one digital copy in PDF format stored on a readable digital media preferably flash drive (no CDs or DVDs) shall be delivered in a sealed envelope marked “Request for Qualification” for the Concession of the ITF’S UN-UNTILIZED LANDED ASSET LOCATED ALONG SHEIKH JA’AFAR ROAD, DORAYI, KANO STATE” and “Name of prospective bidder” and delivered to the address below not later than 12:00pm on 15th March, 2023 at the designated tender box.
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL/CHIEF EXECUTIVE
INDUSTRAIL TRAINING FUND (ITF)
NO. 6 ADETOKUNBO ADEMOLA CRESCENT
MAITAMA, ABUJA PMB 126, GARKI, ABUJA
7. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline of submission at 12:00 noon on Wednesday 15th March, 2023 at the Corporate Office Board room, no. 6 Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Maitama, Abuja
Prospective bidders and interested applicants may obtain further information at the address between 9:00am and 4pm, Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays), or through the following contact details: +2348036369741;
ONLY SHORTLISTED BIDDERS WILL BE CONTACTED.
8. IMPORTANT NOTICE
a. Interested international parties are encouraged to partner with local firms in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Government of Nigeria local content development policy.
b. This notice shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the ITF to award any form of contracts to any respondent(s) nor shall it entitle any organization submitting document claim any indemnity from the ITF.
c. Late submissions will be rejected
d. Submissions shall be in English language only
e. The ITF reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made in the documents submitted by the companies
Industrial Training FundSave this Tender