REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) – G-ANC PROGRAM EVALUATION CONSULTANCY
CLOSING DATE: 7 FEB 2023
TECHNICAL ADVICE CONNECT (TACONNECT) is inviting qualified professional firms and individuals for a short-term technical consultancy to conduct G-ANC Program Evaluation in 3 BMGF priority states. This evaluation will aim to measure/document the effectiveness of G-ANC as adapted to the RCT, contribute to the available literature on G-ANC implementation (especially at scale), and ultimately foster a community of practice on G-ANC/PNC in Nigeria.
Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE (TAConnect) is an innovative Technical Assistance (TA) delivery platform, conceptualized by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and incubated by DAI Nigeria to respond to State TA priorities to promote sustainable improvements in State Primary Healthcare (PHC) systems’ performance, Group Anti-natal care (G-ANC) and increase the uptake of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) services.
TAConnect employs an innovative approach aimed at delivering TA services to state governments while strengthening the capacity of state institutions for enhanced PHC service delivery and holding accountability for financial and programmatic results to both donors and the State Government.
TAConnect operates by matching requests for TA from states to compatible TA supplies from donors and TA providers. The enhanced coordination of TA deployments would, in turn, lead to increased cost efficiency, technical efficacy, more effective system strengthening and ownership by states, long-term sustainability, and increased local capacity.
Specifically, we are seeking:
• G-ANC Program Evaluation consultancy services
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to select an experienced and qualified professional Firm and individuals to provide G-ANC Program Evaluation consultancy services to TACONNECT Ltd. The successful applicant must be authorized to do business in Nigeria, with experience with similar size entities and lines of business to TAConnect.
TAConnect aims to measure/document the effectiveness of G-ANC as adapted to the RCT, contribute to the available literature on G-ANC implementation (especially at scale) and ultimately foster a community of practice on G-ANC/PNC in Nigeria.
Specifically, the qualitative study will assess the following:
1. Knowledge, Attitudes & Practices of community gatekeepers towards the adoption of the G-ANC/PNC model, and its effects on improved health outcomes.
2. Understand the service providers’ perceptions and experiences of the G-ANC/PNC model relative to the traditional ANC model.
3. Evaluate the difference in the experience of care, between Parity 0 women and Parity 1+ enrolled in G-ANC/PNC.
4. Understand from service providers the drivers and inhibitors to the uptake of high-impact intervention/RMNCH services by mothers and newborns in the G-ANC/PNC model as compared to the individual ANC model.
5. Understand from the States Government of Nigeria the drivers and inhibitors to the scale-up and sustainability of G-ANC as an alternate service delivery model in the absence of active TA support from development partners.
Through retrospective cohort tracking;
1. Evaluate the difference in quality/experience of care and outcomes among cohorts of pregnant women enrolled (based on gestational age at enrollment) and recently delivered through G-ANC.
2. Evaluate the difference in quality/experience of care and outcomes among (Parity 1+) women enrolled and recently delivered through G-ANC as compared with their previous individual ANC model.
3. Understand from pregnant women/mothers the drivers and inhibitors to the uptake of high-impact intervention/RMNCH services by mothers and newborns in G-ANC model. (With a special focus on IPT uptake, Facility Delivery, PPFP, Postnatal Care & Immunization)
Working closely with TAConnect’ s Technical Director, and M&E Specialist, the consultant will
• Lead the design & conduct of the study based on the agreed overall approach, methodology, questions, and tools for data collection and analysis.
• Obtain ethical approval for the study from the State’s relevant approving authority.
• Provide all logistical support for the data collection, safety, and coordination of engaged ad hoc staff.
• Produce a comprehensive report for the study.
• Submit all relevant datasets, and tools to TAConnect upon completion of the study.
• Develop draft articles for publication from the study.
Location of Study:
• Kaduna, Kano, & Nasarawa States (simultaneously)
• Research Protocol
• Ethical Approval for the study
• Bi-weekly progress report
• Draft Study report
• Copies of all datasets.
• Finalized Study report.
• PowerPoint Presentation of Study Findings
• Draft Articles for Publication
The timeline for the completion of this qualitative study is 30 working days. All deliverables from the study are expected to be submitted by March 15, 2023.
Qualified Individuals are to submit proposals along with professional CVs and evidence of similar work completed in the last 3 years. While companies are to submit the following documents.
• Corporate Profile showcasing track record and competency to undertake the assessment.
• Sound technical proposal (max 15 pages) for the assessment showcasing approach, methodology and workplan (with clear timeline), sampling strategy and data collection tools.
• Financial proposal and budget in Naira (separating core consultancy costs, daily rates of team members and in-country data collection costs).
• Examples of and/or links to previous or similar pieces of work or publications.
• Evidence of Company Registration (Certificate of Incorporation of the Company)
• Affidavit disclosing that all the documents submitted are not only correct but genuine. That the directors(s) has/have never been convicted by any court of law. That none of firm’s directors or the company is bankrupt. Whether or not any of the officers of TAConnect Ltd is a former or present director of the company.
• Company Profile; registered address(s), official/functional emails, telephone numbers and point of contact for the company
• Evidence of legal registration document of the company (CAC, FORM CO7 and FORM CO2)
• Latest Tax Clearance Certificate
• Evidence of Financial Capability (most recent audited account)
• Evidence of provision of Program evaluation services for reputable organizations preferably NGOs of similar scope and complexity within the last 3 years: Bidders must provide a copy(ies) of Awards Letters and/or Contracts.
• Financial Quotation and required Commercial Terms using the Schedule of Fee Section of the SOW
Offerors are advised to read carefully and ensure that a complete set of documents are submitted. TAConnect is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason thereof.
The selected Firm must meet all regulations and requirements for Nigeria. TAConnect reserves the right to reject any or all proposals in whole or part, to award any one service or group of services or all services, to negotiate with any or all companies submitting proposals, and to enter into an agreement with any company for any services mentioned in this RFP, if it is deemed to be in the best interest of TAConnect.
TAConnect reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the tender documents submitted by companies.
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
The most promising responses will be evaluated in detail. Additional information may be sought from the Firm(s). Firm(s) may be asked to present and explain their proposals. TAConnect reserves the right to waive non-material deficiencies in any proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated by TAConnect, which reserves the right to reject any or all proposals received. The following will serve as the basic criteria for the selection of the successful vendor:
1. Understanding of the work required as evidenced by the proposal. The completeness of the proposal will be critical.
2. The qualifications of the company.
3. The scope of the services offered.
4. Completeness and responsiveness to the requirements of the RFP.
5. Experience, qualifications, and competency in providing program evaluation consultancy services.
6. Good service and good value shall weigh heavily in the selection process.
This RFP shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the TAConnect, nor shall it entail the applicant to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from TAConnect, by virtue of such applicant having responded to this RFP.
TAConnect will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party in connection with any response to an inquiry nor shall it entitle any party submitting documents to claim any indemnity from TAConnect.
TAConnect is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason.
HOW TO APPLY
SUBMISSION AND INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Qualified Individuals are to submit proposals along with professional CVs, while Companies should submit One electronic copy (Adobe Acrobat format) to [email protected] on or before the 7th of February 2023 at 17:00 WAT, at which time the advert will be closed.
2. A cover letter shall be included with the proposal on the firm’s letterhead.
3. with a duly authorized signature and company stamp/seal. The letter will include the Name of Business, Address, Contact Person, Phone Number, and Email Address.
4. Proposals will be evaluated based on what is deemed to be in the best interests of the TACONNECT Ltd/Gte, including such factors as the bidder’s experience and expertise in the provision of providing program evaluation consultancy services, the flexibility of the proposal, and total cost. The cost will not be the sole factor in evaluating bids. Please note that TAConnect Ltd /Gte is asking for a full proposal for the provision of providing program evaluation consultancy services.
5. Firm will certify a validity period of 30 days for the prices provided.
6. Provide an overview of your company, including a brief description of your company’s history, ownership structure, financial stability, philosophy/culture, and the approximate number of employees.
7. Describe your expertise in our industry, outlining your ability to provide expertise and experience in the areas of health benefit plan analysis and design.
8. Please indicate any other services, capabilities, designation, or experience that differentiates your organization from the competition.
9. List three current (not more than 2 years ago) clients for whom you provision of providing program evaluation consultancy services. For each client, the list must specify the type of work performed by your company and the period retained as a client. For each client, include the name, title, address, and phone number of a contact person whom TAConnect Ltd may contact as a reference.
10. Technical proposal (max 8 pages) of the assessment showcasing approach, methodology and workplan (with clear timeline), sampling strategy and data collection tools.
11. Each proposer must submit a proposal that indicates the minimum requirements listed in Annex 1 and a price proposal. The price proposal must only include the price schedule for the provision of providing program evaluation consultancy services.
12. Proposal documents submitted late shall be rejected.
13. All submissions must be in English language.
14. Failure to comply with the instruction(s) and provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification.