CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE SUPPLY OF NUTRITION INPUTS
Catholic Relief Services – United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (CRS) is an international non- governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. CRS has operated in Nigeria since the year 2000 and has projects in 19 states of the federation.
CRS is providing humanitarian assistance towards initiating early recovery to project participants living in four wards in Jere LGA in Maiduguri, Borno State: Mairi, Mashamari, Dusuman and Maimusari.
CRS Nigeria wishes to secure the services of eligible supplier(s) of repute through a merit-based process for an initial duration of one (1) year to provide the inputs for the preparation of nutritional infant food to communities in Jere LGA, Maiduguri, using a market-based approach and e-voucher retail sales to CRS project participants.
All quotations should include the following
• Breakdown of financial offer, indicating the unit cost for each category of commodity stated.
• All quotes should be shared physically via the address stated below.
• Evidence of tax compliance for three most recent years.
• Validity of the quotation
• Payment terms
• Quotations should be signed and stamped
PRE-QUALIFICATION/TECHNICAL BID CRITERIA:
For the pre-qualification criteria, the following documents must be made available in an easy to access/read manner:
• CAC documentation (Certificate of Incorporation, Article and Memorandum of Association) of the bidding company
• Evidence of corporate Tax Identification Number
• Organization profile and licenses relating to the services being offered
• Verifiable physical office addresses and maybe branch in Maiduguri preferably
• Evidence of corporate office address, phone numbers, email address.
• Evidence of financial capability and banker’s Reference letter.
• Minimum of three (3) reputable references where similar activity in the supply of food commodities to direct purchasers using a market-based approach is being provided.
• Documentation of processes for quality control on products and packaging for food commodities.
• Documentation of the capacity to sell the required food commodities to consumers based in the seven target communities in Jere LGA, Maiduguri.
• Evidence of previous experience of providing food commodity retail services to consumers using e-vouchers.
|Item No||Item||Items and Packaging Specifications||Quality control|
|1||Millet||Millet (8.0g) well sealed and measured without stones, feces, and debris||Meets the quality control and quality checks- National and International Standards (50 & SON)|
|2||Sorghum||Sorghum (8.07kg) well sealed and measured without stones, feces and debris||Meets the quality control and checks-National and International Standards (ISO & SON)|
|3||Soybeans||Soybeans (0.0kg) well sealed and measured without stones, feces and debris||Meets the quality control and checks-National and International Standards IS0 & SON|
|4||Groundnut||Groundnut (2.7kg) well sealed and measured without stones, feces and debris||Meets the quality control and checks-National and International Standards (1S0 & SON)|
|5||cloves||Cloves (0.5kg) well sealed and measured without stones, feces and debris||Meets the quality control and checks-National and International Standards (1S0 & SON)|
Proposals will be evaluated only for vendors who meet the prequalification criteria listed above. Vendors should ensure that all their line unit costs/prices are competitive as this would form the basis for the financial bid analysis. This will consider price, comprehensiveness of services, quality of services, availability of services, location, and types of facilities available, hours of service, responsiveness, 24- hour help line, dedicated account manager and explicit coverage of all pre-existing conditions.
For all the proposals meeting technical requirements, the lowest financial compliant proposal shall be selected after the financial bid analysis.
Submission of Proposal
Proposals should be submitted physically and register at the point of submission, to House No.1 Dipcharima Road, Old GRA Opposite Lodge 7 Maiduguri Borno State with the Subject TOM BROWN GRAINS on the reverse side of the envelope on or before 19th January, 2023 by 5:00pm. All submissions should be addressed to;
The Tender Committee,
No.1 Dipchrima Road Opposite Lodge 7,
Old GRA Maiduguri,
• The deadline for submission of proposals is COB 5pm Thursday, January 19, 2023
• CRS Nigeria is neither committed nor obliged to include any company and/or associated agents or contractor on any bid list.
• Be aware that this invitation to express interest does not guarantee that you will be requested to submit all other subsequent offers to CRS Nigeria; it does not constitute any form of agreement or contract between our organizations.
• This request for expression of interest shall not be construed as a commitment by CRS Nigeria, nor shall it entitle respondents to claim any indemnity from CRS Nigeria by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
• This invitation is to request expression of interest in the provision of health insurance services and does not warrant further feedback from CRS Nigeria hereafter.
• Multiple bidding will be unacceptable.
• Only the financial bids of shortlisted firms that meet the technical evaluation criteria in accordance with CRS Nigeria pre-qualification procedure will be contacted.
• CRS shall conduct a due diligence process at business premises of successful vendor before final award is given
For further enquiries, please direct to: [email protected]