NEWCROSS EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION LIMITED
NEWCROSS EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION LIMITED AND NEWCROSS PETROLEUM LIMITED
(OPERATOR OF THE NNPC LIMITED/NEPL & NPL) FOR PRE-OR
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: PROVISION OF INSURANCE SERVICES (NAIRA) INSURANCE COVER
NIPEX TENDER REF. NO: 1000005435 NEWCROSS EP 00000099
NEPL & NPL Operators of the OML 24 & 152 NNPONEPL & NPL invites Interested and reputable Nigerian registered Insurance companies with relevant experience to tender for the technical bidding phase for the Provision of Life and Non-Life for its OML 24 & 152 Operations.
THE INSURANCE WOULD COVER;
All Risk Policy, Commercial Own Goods Commercial (Bus); Private Motor, Public Liability Policy, Group Life Assurance and Group Personal Accident
NEPL & NPL Invite submission from reputable Nigerian registered Insurance Companies having world class’ experience in the provision of insurance services for major Oil and Gas companies.
The Primary duration for this contract is One (1) year with the option to extend for two (years)
2. SCOPE OF WORK
Naira Operational Insurance
The provision of Insurance services insurance would cover (Energy package and Naira). The risk shall be retained 100% in-country (Nigeria), the insurer will liase with NNPC and contractor’s appointed Brokers for underwriting, policy and claims administration.
3. CONDITION FOR SELECTION
Insurance company seeking must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Be a Limited Liability Company registered in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to transact General and/or Life Insurance.
2. Have a net asset of not less than N5 billion as per its last published Accounts for its business.
3. Have acquired good experience in Oil and Gas insurance business.
4. Have adequate and qualified staff with experience in Oil and Gas Insurance business
5. Must be in good standing as regards prompt settlement of all discharged claims.
6. Have business relationship with competent Insurance Broker(s) with good reputation and in Oil and Gas Insurance business
7. Must be a good corporate citizen of Nigeria that pays its taxes as and when due
4. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
1. To be eligible for this exercise, interested tenderers are required to be prequalified in the 3.14.05 and 3.14.07/ Life and Non-life Insurance services) in Nipex Joint qualification system (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified suppliers in this category will receive a Technical Invitation to Tender (ITT).
2. To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category are listed for http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
3. If you are not listed in a product/service category, but you are registered with DPR to do business contact Nipex office at 8 Bayo kuku Road Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
4. To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access http://vendors.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action.
5. To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the Nipex system.
5. NIGERIAN CONTENT
COMPANY is committed to the development of the Nigerian oil and gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Content Act 2010 for Nigerian Content Development As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian oil and gas industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule of the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (The Board)
• Tenderer shall with all the provisions of the Nigerian Content Act that relate to this contract but in particular comply with the minimum Nigerian Content % for the scopes which are covered in the Schedule of the Act and any other requirement that may arise from time to time not explicitly stated in this contract but which apply to the contract in fulfillment of the Nigerian Content Act, in the submission of their Tender Failure to fully comply with the Nigerian Content Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development Policy of the Nigerian government shall result to disqualification from bidding this contract
• Tenderers shall provide evidence of Registration by National Insurance (NAICOM) and Nigerian Insurance Association (NIA)
• As part of their submissions, Tenderer shall:
• Develop a Nigerian content Execution Plan (NCP), which shall explain the methodology of how it intends to comply with the requirements of the Act and how to achieve the set target(s) in the schedule of Nigerian Oil and Gas industry content development act and any targets set by the Board.
• Only Nigeria registered company with greater than or equal to 51% Nigerian shareholding shall bid for this work scope. Submit certified copies CAC form 02 & 07 and or evidence of entity’s incorporation, shareholding and ownership structure in Nigeria.
• In line with the NCD Human Capacity Development Initiative, Bidder shall commit to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
• Provide evidence (personnel list and positions with organization chart to substantiate) of percentage of management that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
• Submit tenderer’s corporate organization overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior and junior skilled officers etc). Identifying positions manned/occupied.
• Tenderers shall provide evidence of registration by National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) and Nigerian Insurance Association (NIA)
NOTE: failure to comply with the provision of the Nigerian Content Act 2010 or to demonstrate commitment to the development of the Nigerian Content Policy Shall result in disqualification from this bidding process.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• This advertisement shall not be entitle any company submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NNPC/ NEPL & NPL and/or any of its partners.
• Tenderers are to provide current NAICOM registration certificate and approved financial port/ statement. bidding shall be acceptable and evaluated on individual as well as Consortium basis provided that Consortium shall:
Agree with the lead underwriter for the consortium
Have executed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)
Obtain NAICOM certification for the consortium
Obtain NAICOM certification for the consortium consolidated Financial Report/Statement.
Obtain NAICOM for reinsurance offshore on the basis that local capacity has been exhausted.
Provide acceptable reinsurance treaty from Reinsurance Companies with A rating.
a. Failure to provide any of the listed documents or information any automatically disqualify the supplier.
b. This notice and the ensuing qualification process neither create any commitment by NEPL/NPL nor establish any legal relationship with NEPL/NPL
c. All cost incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by the contractors/suppliers
d. This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of NNPC/NEPL/NPL to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, subcontractors or agents.
e. The ITT and any further progression of this tender shall be via NipeX Interested bidders are therefore advised to ensure that their profiles in NipeX are active with a valid official email address accessible by their organization as this shall be the only means to transmit the ITT.
f. Tendering process will be the NNPC contracting process require qualified contractors be eligible to participate in placement of the risks
g. COMPANY will only recognize and correspond with duly authorized officers of the pre-qualified bidders and NOT through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
h. Interested contractors should note that NEPL/NPL has very cordial relationship with the host communities of the sites where these services will be performed based on existing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Prospective contractors will be required to implement the obligations of the MOU as part of their contract.
7. CLOSING DATE:
Only tenderers who are registered with (314.05 and 3.14.07/ Life and Non-life Insurance Services) as at 20th of January 2023 by 16:00hrs, being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
Please visit Nipex portal at: www.nipex-ng.com for this advert and other information.