DevTrain Volunteers Academy is a 3-months FREE weekend training, mentoring and development programme to support young graduates providing them with leadership skills and knowledge that will enable them attain leadership positions in the field of social development and governance.
DevTrain with support from NYFF-LEAP Africa Grant is inviting applications for the DevTrain Volunteers Academy capacity development and mentoring programme, which aims to support young people to be equipped with relevant leadership, practical and soft skills that would enable them gain desired jobs and increase productivity. Trainings include accountable leadership, design thinking, project management, report writing, proposal writing, behavior competencies, advocacy and communication, social democracy and civic participation in electoral processes, curriculum vitae development, writing cover letters, building interview skills and mentoring process for career development.
Who is Eligible?
The programme targets youths who are active or desire a career from all sectors of the society, especially from civil society organizations. These potential candidates would have shown their commitment and passion to representing sustainable development.
- Be creative and willing to become change agents.
- Should not be more than 33 years by the time of application.
- Corp members or completed School or NYSC.
- Be willing to work a minimum 10 hours a week within the period of volunteering in one of our Partner organizations.
- Be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Take care of their transportation to/fro the training venue.
- Be resident in Makurdi, Benue State.
- *** Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
How to Apply?
All applications should:
- Send an up-to-date 2-page Resume or in MS – Word format, saved in the following format “applicant name”
- Send a ‘’Statement of Interest’’ telling us why you want to Volunteer” (300-500 Words)
All applications must be received by end of the day, Saturday December 31, 2022. Applications received after this date will not be processed.
***Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted