EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
The Embassy of the United States of America will conduct an Open Auction sale OF USED FURNITURE, APPLIANCES, EMPTY CONTAINERS, etc, as follows
Venue: Plot 1129, Durumi District, Abuja (Behind the American International School)
Monday, 12 December, 2022: Registration day
Tuesday, 13 December, 2022: Registrations and Inspection/Viewing day
Wednesday, 14th December 2022: Inspection/Viewing Day
Thursday, 15th December 2022: Auction Sales
Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm each day
Saturday 17th December 2022: Property removal day
Time: 8:00am to 4:00pm Saturday
GENERAL PAYMENT TERMS
- Payments shall be made immediately after winning the bid or the item will be re-bid.
- Payments can be made in any of the followings ways
- Debit card from UBA or any the banks on the Interswitch network.
- UBA will provide staff and resources to facilitate speedy payment. Payments made in cash attract processing fee of N200 flat. Payments with debit cards attract charge of 0.75% of cost of item bid upon.
- All items are sold “as is” with no declaration made of serviceability. There will be “no returns” and “no refunds” made after the sales
- A 40% down payment will be made on capitalized/high value items like generators and vehicles. The 60% balance payment must be made within 3 working days after winning the bid or the winner would forfeit the initial 40% deposit made.
- Nigerian customs authority will charge customs duties for duty bound items. Buyers shall bear full responsibility for payment of custom duty. No item shall be released to the buyer without proof of custom of duty payment
- Auction guidelines and procedures will be handed out on the sales day, Thursday, 15th December 2022
- Items purchased are expected to be removed from the Embassy compound on Saturday 17th December 2022 from 0800-1600, after the necessary payments are concluded and confirmed.
- There will be a registration exercise for all intending buyers and viewers starting Monday 12 December 2022 at 09:00am, buyers and viewers are expected to register using an identity card or a means of identification; only registered buyers on a previous day will be allowed into the compound the next day to view and buy.