SELECTION OF AN AUDIT FIRM (FRAMEWORK CONTRACT FOR SMALL ASSIGNMENTS) FOR PERFORMANCE AUDITS OF ECOWAS PROJECTS AND PROGRAMMES
REFERENCE NO. 3-ECW-/VP-DBT/CL/21-11/NE
1. The Office of the Auditor General of the ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATE (ECOWAS) Institutions intends to use part of its 2022 approved budget to Select an Audit firm for Performance Audits of ECOWAS Projects and Programmes.
2. The objectives of these Performance Audits, among others, are to enable the Auditor to provide reasonable assurances to Management, the Audit Committee, and the Council of Ministers, that programmes were well conceived, are being implemented within the context of the conventional 3Es, (Economy, Efficiency and Effectiveness), as well as the auxiliary 4Es (Ethics, Equity, Environment and overall Economic Enhancement) frameworks. Above all, they are to assure, that the Programmes have a unified common finality, to converge and yield the expected sound governance, prosperous, peaceful, and cohesive Region for ECOWAS Member States and Citizens.
3. The purpose is to assess the extent to which ECOWAS interventions (Projects and Programmes) in the above listed thematic areas are being implemented in the ECOWAS Region to meet the desired integration outcomes and impacts; and especially that the elements of Economy, Efficiency and Effectiveness are being held paramount.
4. The areas to be reviewed are only indicative and not exhaustive, they include inter alia: Project Management, Project Procurement System and Project Financial Management.
5. The duration of each assignment would be agreed when the specific Audit Engagement Letter is signed.
6. The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible Consulting firms specialized in audits to submit their Expression of Interest in providing these services. All interested eligible and qualified Consulting firms must provide information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified to provide similar services. The criteria for preparing the shortlist are:
a) General Experience in audit over the past 10 years (2012 – 2021);
b) Specific Experience:
i. Shall demonstrate having executed at least two (2) similar assignments for either renowned International Organizations; Donor Funded Projects OR Public Institutions during the last ten (10) years (2012 – 2021);
ii. Shall demonstrate having executed at least one (1) Similar assignment in the ECOWAS Region during the last 10 years (2012 – 2021) for either renowned International Organizations, Donors Funded Projects OR Public Institutions.
c) List of appropriate skilled staff relevant to this assignment (list and qualifications);
d) Shall provide evidence of availability of staff with capability to produce Reports and all other relevant documents in English, French and Portuguese.
e) Language Proficiency: Fluency in English, French or Portuguese (reading, spoken and written). Working knowledge of more than one of the official languages will be an added advantage.
*NB: Each Reference (experience) should be summarized on a Project Sheet with all relevant Supporting Documents indicating the Contact Information of the Contracting Authorities or Client, to facilitate verification of the information provided. For each reference project, the Consultants shall submit the Contracts (cover page with title and page with the signatures) OR Attestation of Good Performance OR Certificate of Completion.
7. Consultants may constitute Joint-Ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
8. The eligibility criteria, preparation of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the ECOWAS Procurement Code which is available on the ECOWAS Commission’s Website at www.ecowas.int
9. Interested Firms/Consultants can obtain further information and clarification at the email addresses mentioned below during working hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm, Nigerian
Time, (GMT + 1) Monday to Friday (except public holidays): [email protected]
with copy to [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected] .
10. Expression of Interest must be submitted electronically to the email address indicated below, not later than 10th December 2022, at 11.00 am (GMT + 1), Nigerian Time and must be clearly marked: “Selection of an Audit firm (Framework contract for Small Assignments) for Performance Audits of ECOWAS Projects and Programmes”.
Email: [email protected]
11. The working languages shall be English, French and Portuguese. The Expression of Interest may be submitted in either English OR French OR Portuguese Language.
Commissioner, Internal Services