REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP);
INSTALLATION OF VACUUM INSULATED EVAPORATOR (VIE) LIQUID OXYGEN SYSTEMS
FHI360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth research, and technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, and all 50 U.S territories.
FHI360 is implementing Meeting targets and maintaining epidemic control (Epic), a five-year global project funded by U.S Agency for international development (USAID). Epic receives COVID-19 funding to prevent, prepare for, respond to and bolster health systems to address COVID -19 and reduce cases of re-emergence.
Part of Epic COVID 19 program in Nigeria is to provide high-quality, medical-grade oxygen systems, piping and medical liquid installation to five (5) supported facilities in Nigeria namely: Federal Medical Center Owerri Imo State University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, Uyo Akwa Ibom State, Federal Medical Centre Abeokuta Ogun State. Federal Medical Centre Yenagoa Bayelsa state and Abubakar Tafawa Belewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi state. The Medical oxygen equipment will be provided for 150 beds at each of the facilities. To this end, FHI360 is seeking submission of a technical proposal to qualified vendors in accordance with the scope below. Detailed technical specifications and information can be downloaded by copying this link https://bit.ly/3cx6oOK into your internet browser.
B. SCOPE OF WORK
1. Full equipment, installation, user training, operation guidance and warranty of vacuum insulated evaporator (VIE) liquid oxygen systems including tanks, Liquid Oxygen Compressors, Vaporizers, High Pressure Cylinder Manifold (2×10), vacuum pump and refilling ramp for refilling of high-pressure seamless oxygen cylinders in hospitals and health centers in Nigeria.
2. Piping, standby manifold unit and distribution accessories to reticulate oxygen gas via pipelines to beds in the health facilities in Nigeria
3. Supply of liquid oxygen Equipment.
Note: qualified vendors may submit quotes for scope (lot) 1, scope (lot) 2, and/or scope (lot) 3 mentioned above, or all 3 scopes/lots.
C. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
The initial expression of interest must include the following items
1. A cover letter with clear indication of shat services you can provide (Scope 1, Scope 2, Scope 3 and/or the entire package, per above)
2. A brief description of the organization, its capabilities and its ability to provide the required work in accordance with the scope and specification as follows:
a. Brief technical specification for VIE systems, piping and/or LOX including relevant documentation on compliance with relevant technical and safety standards
b. Submit a technical work plan guided by the scope of work and technical specification
c. Draft blueprint/drawing of system for at least one facility
d. Documentation on compliance with relevant technical and safety standards
e. Evidence of staff with relevant industry experience and certifications (attach CVs and copies of certifications)
f. Detailed engineering and technical design with implementation plan including documentation of support and escalation procedures
g. Detailed work plan of the organization’s capacity to provide after-sales support
h. Recommendation letter from at least two organizations attesting to satisfactory performance in previous projects.
3. Proof of similar previous works on medical LOX and piping systems by means of copies of executed purchase orders, contracts or agreements, client issued job completion certificates etc
4. Documentation of legal registration of the company
5. A sample of contract with specific payment terms
D. INSTRUCTION TO BIDDERS
1. The technical proposal and document required are for submission due to no later than 5pm of 4th October, 2022 to this email address; [email protected] All documents should be in PDF format, arranged and titled accordingly. Your cover letter or expression of interest later should be addressed as such:
The Procurement Committee
FHI360 Country Office
9 Yadseram Street off IBB Boulevard Maitama
2. Any questions or requests for clarification can be submitted in writing [email protected] on or before 5pm 27th September 2022. No telephone inquiries will be answered.
E. EVALUATION STAGES, SELECTION CRITERIA, AND WEIGHED SCORE
Stage one: conformity to the tender: Proposal must have all documents listed in section D above (items 1-5). Evaluators will not make inference or assumptions for incomplete information or documents
Stage two (Prequalification): Technical Evaluation
|S/N||SELECTION CRITERIA||WEIGHT IN PERCENTAGE (%)|
|1||Relevant experience and competency: staff qualification, experience, and certification||20|
|2||Relevant experience and competency: availability support facilities, workshop, qualife human resources||20|
|3||Relevant experience and competency: proof of similar previous woks on medical LOX and piping systems by means of copies of executed purchase orders, contracts or agreement, client issued job completion certificate etc (Experience in similar work in scope and size(||20|
|4||Relevant experience and competency: Technical workplan guided by the scope of work and technical specification above||20|
|5||Quality Assurance: Technical Specifications for VIE Systems, piping, and/or LOX including relevant documentation on compliance with relevant technical and safety standards and country or origin (please include the technical datasheet of each equipment/component||10|
|6||Quality Assurance: Drawing of system for at least one facility per site||10|
F. CONTRACT AWARD
FHI 360 will award a contract/purchase order to the responsive contractor whose proposal best meets the requirements criteria described herein.
FHI 360 General Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated into all purchase orders can be referenced at the FHI 360 website: https://www.fhi360.org/sites/default/files/media/documents/purchasing-terms-conditions-feb-2021.pdf
FHI360 PURCHASE ORDER GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PURCHASE ORDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. February 2021 page 2 of 5 10. Confidentiality. Vendor shall treat non-public, confidential or propriety information disclosed by FHI 360 in connection with this www.fhi360.org