REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
USAID INTEGRATED HEALTH PROGRAM (IHP)
TITLE: BAUCHI STATE FINANCIAL AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT TRAINING SUBCONTRACTS FOR OFFICERS IN CHARGE OF THE PRIMARY HEALTHCARE CENTERS IN THE STATES.
SUBJECT: RFP#: TO4/217727/CONSULTANCY/SUB-CONTRACT-2022-004- BAUCHI STATE ACTIVITIES
The Integrated Health Program is a USAID funded 5-year project with the goal to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (Public and Private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services for reproductive health/family planning, maternal, new born and child health, nutrition, and malaria (RMNCH + NM). With government, community, and private sector partners, IHP strives to achieve three objectives:
- To strengthen health systems supporting PHC services
- Improve access to PHC services
- Increase quality of PHC services
Palladium invites applications from suitably qualified firms as subcontractors to provide technical support to Bauchi State Government through the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) to roll out the capacity development trainings for the PHC Management. Following on the work of TO2, with NPHCDA to develop a financial and facility management toolkit, IHP Task Order 3 (Bauchi state9 will roll out training of officers-in charge (OICs), facility Management Committees (FMC) members, Account Officers, LGHA Supervisors and WDC signatories in health management services (leadership, supervision, funds management, client flow, accountability and transparency) and resource optimization of all sources of income, including the BHCPF, DRF and user fees and other gateways, funds to improve the facility, bring in additional staff, renovate/maintain infrastructure, and provide funds for outreach services and follow up of clients (fuel, air time, data). Each LGHA workshop will have representation covering the following: OICs, Account Officer, LGHA Supervisors, Senior PHC Staff, WDC Signatory, FMC, Consultants nad IHP. Note, all workshops are 5-days workshops. This will include building leadership and management capacity of PHC Officers-in-charge for effective management of the PHC towards improved quality service delivery to clients.
- Conduct state TOT to further expand the pool of trainers to facilitates state level training at designated centres across the state.
- Conduct training a total 740 persons – (397 one OIC/PHC per ward including the 74 newly PHCs, 323 WDCs 20 LHGAs Directors) within designated timeline.
- Conduct Post Training mentoring to selected facilities across the state.
- To strengthen the capacity of Primary Health Centers (PHCs) OICs to effectively manage facility, finances, and operations and improve services delivery to the communities they serve.
Consequently, through a subcontract to a management training organization, IHP intends to:
- Equip the PHC OICs with the requisite skills to effectively respond to the planning and management tasks and roles of the OICs in the total management of the facilities of planning, organizing, controlling and leading in their facilities.
- Build capacity of the Officers in Charge (OICs), LGHA supervisors, and WDC signatories to including financial management of the multiple sources of income in an overall book of accounts, optimization of the use of all sources of income, including the BHCPF, DRF, and client fees and other gateways, to improve the facility, priority setting, recruitment of additional staff, renovate/maintain infrastructure, and provde funds for outreach services and follow up of clients (fuel, airtime and data). This will include building leadership and management capacity of PHC OICs for efficiency of staff use, duty roster, clinic management and organization.
This RFP is open to Nigeria-registered Health Management, training and consulting firms who are technically capable of handling these tasks. This will be a contract that pays for pre-defined milestones and deliverables.
Instruction for submitting the proposal:
- Submit a cover letter indicating interest in applying for a contract to provide the required services in Bauchi.
- Submit a proposal, detailing the management approach, technical approach, detailed work/implementation plan, key/non-key personnel among others.
- Submit a detailed budget.
- Provide evidence of similar activities in support of Primary Health care in Nigeria.
Full application packages can be downloaded from this link:
Contracts Team Contact Details:
Representative Email: [email protected]
Programme Website: www.thepalladiumgroup.com
Issuance of this RFP does not constitute a contract commitment, nor does it commit Palladium to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission.
Closing date of submission: August 4, 2022 5:00pm (WAT)