101, YAKUBU GOWON CRESCENT,
ASOKORO DISTRICT PMB 401, ABUJA NIGERIA
E-MAIL: [email protected]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE SELECTION OF NEW EXTERNAL AUDITORS FOR COMMUNITY INSTITUTIONS AND AGENCIES FOR THE 2022 AND 2023 FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
1. The Economic Community of West African State (ECOWAS) Commission, as part of the Regional Joint Border Post Development Program intends to use part of its 2022 approved budget to select New External Auditors for Community Institutions and Agencies for the 2022 and 2023 Financial Statements.
2. The objective of the audit of the financial statements prepared in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), is to enable the auditor express, at the end of each fiscal year, an independent professional opinion on the regularity and fairness of the financial statements and a true and fair view of the financial statements and financial position of each ECOWAS Institution and/or specialized agency, as well as the consolidated ECOWAS financial statements.
3. The contract duration will be two (2) year term renewable twice in accordance with Article 158 (1-3) of the revised ECOWAS Financial Regulation. The contract is renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
4. The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible Consultants (consulting firms specialized in audits) to submit their expression of interest in providing these services. All interested eligible and qualified Consulting firm must provide information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified to provide similar services. The criteria for preparing the shortlist are: (a) General Experience in audit over the past 10 years (2012-2021); (b) Shall demonstrate of having executed at least two (2) similar assignments in auditing financial statements with IPSAS standard for renowned International Organizations OR for Donors funded projects during the last ten (10) years (2012-2021); (c) Shall demonstrate of having executed at least one (1) Similar assignment (audit of financial statements with IPSAS standard) in ECOWAS Region during the last 10 years (2012-2021) for renowned International Organizations OR for Donors funded projects; (d) List of appropriate skills staff relevant to this assignment (List, Qualifications); (e) Shall provide evidence of staff being capable to Produce Reports and all other Relevant Documents in both English and French.
NB: Each Reference (experience) will be summarized on a Project Sheet with all relevant Supporting Documents indicating the Contact Information of the Contracting Authorities or Client so as to facilitate verification of the information provided. For each reference project, the consultants shall submit the Contracts (cover page with title and page with the signatures) OR Attestation of Good Performance OR Certificate of Completion.
5. Consultants may constitute Joint-Ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
6. The Eligibility criteria, preparation of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the ECOWAS Procurement Code which is available on the ECOWAS Commission’s Website at www.ecowas.int
7. Interested consultants can obtain further information and clarification at the e-mail addresses mentioned below during working hours: 9.00am 4.00pm, Nigerian Time, (GMT+1) Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays): [email protected] with copy to [email protected] ; [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
8. Expression of Interest must be delivered in hard copies and in sealed envelopes (one (1) signed original plus three (3) copies) to the address below, not later than August 3, 2022, at 11.00 am (GMT+ 1), Nigerian Time and must be clearly marked: “Selection of a New External Auditors for Community’s Institutions and Agencies for the 2022 and 2023 Financial Statements”:
For delivery in person or by registered mail to:
Directorate of General Administration,
1 Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, Abuja, NIGERIA
9. The working languages shall be English and French. The Expression of Interest will be submitted in English or French Languages.