The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) invites eligible and interested suppliers / vendors to tender EOI documents for the supply of the following works:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
UNHCR was established in 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly to lead and co-ordinate international actions to protect refugees and to identify lasting solutions for them. The organization’s primary purpose today is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people worldwide.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) – Provision of Non-Standard Core Relief Items to UNHCR Operations Impacted by the Ukraine Crisis
UNHCR currently has valid Frame Agreements for the supply of standard Core Relief Items. Faced with new requirements triggered by the Ukraine crisis, UNHCR intends to establish new Frame Agreements for the supply of non-standard Core Relief Items. The purpose of this EOI is to assess the market and avail capacity of suppliers to deliver the items as per UNHCR requirements, prior to launching a formal public tender. The items listed under 3.1 represent an indication and may vary by the time of tender launch.
Description of Requirements
UNHCR is seeking Expressions of Interest for the supply of the below non-standard Core Relief Items:
- Pillow covers
- Bed linen Sets (w/ Pillow cover)
- Bedsheets (w/ Pillow cover)
- Quilts or Duvets
- Duvet Covers
- Sleeping bags
- Individual hygiene kits
- Women-child kit
- Diapers for elderly people
- Family hygiene kits 5 p/month
- Thermal mats
- Folding beds
- Steel field cot
- Bunk beds
- Hospital bed Partitions
The manufacturers must demonstrate good production capacity, with a minimum of 5 years of experience. UNHCR would prefer to engage with suppliers or manufacturers with manufacturing capacity and/or available stock in the proximity of the areas where the goods should be delivered (e.g. Europe, Northern Africa, West Asia and Middle-East) or capacity to deliver within a short period of time at reasonable cost.
The delivery shall be mainly to the below listed countries, and any countries impacted by the Ukraine crisis:
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
EOI should be submitted by file (only in PDF) upload to eTenderBox, the online bid registration tool of UNHCR. Click Here to access the eTenderBox.
- In order to use eTenderBox, registration on the website is required. This registration is exclusively for eTenderBox and does not replace any other registrations for UNHCR applications.
- Vendors are encouraged, if not already done, to register their companies with the United Nation Global Marketplace at www.ungm.org
- One Supplier should have only one registered email account in the system. Therefore, the Supplier must use only one eTenderBox account for managing its offers to UNHCR. In case the password is forgotten, that account cannot be used anymore and new registration is required. Registration Guide and User Manual of eTenderBox are available at the above URL.
- Uploaded files can be amended by the Supplier while the tender is open. The selected files for upload are submitted when the ‘Save & Submit’ button is clicked on. Therefore, this button has to be clicked before the deadline expires. If done so, the selected files will be submitted and uploaded successfully even if the deadline expires during the file upload.
- It is the Supplier’s responsibility to ensure that all files of the final offer are submitted by the tender expiration deadline.
- Once the deadline for submission is expired, the EOI will be automatically closed after which the uploaded files can be reviewed but options for additional upload and deletion of previously uploaded files are not available anymore. In order to ensure the safe submission of the full and final offer, it is recommended to have all files uploaded well before the tender deadline.
The following documents are to be submitted as part of your EOI submission:
- Signed declaration of expression of interest
- Company profile – please limit to a 3-pager
- Years of experience supplying or manufacturing the same products
- Similar projects conducted in the past 5 years
- Types of commodities you can supply from those listed in paragraph 3 above
- Country of origin of products/sources/manufacturers
- Production capacity and stock availability
Click Here (PDF) for a detailed description of the EOI.
Related Document: 2022_EOI_001_Annex A GTC (PDF).