Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invites interested, reputable and eligible consultants with requisite qualifications and experience to submit applications for the following works:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS saves, protects and transforms lives in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. We are called to save lives, address the root causes and effects of poverty, promote the sacredness and dignity of human life, and help build more just and peaceful societies outside the United States. Our programs touch more than 190 million lives. We welcome as part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – RFSA Lead Technical Writer
RFP Number: US4574
CRS is the largest implementer of USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) Resilience Food Security Activities (RFSA), with seven current awards. Each year BHA issues 2-3 Requests for Assistance (RFA) for new or continuing RFSA programs. Draft RFAs are typically released in in the 1st quarter of the fiscal year (e.g., late Fall), followed by final RFAS in the 2nd quarter with proposal submission dates about two months later.
CRS is seeking consultant proposal lead writers for anticipated RFSA submissions for the FY23 and FY24 proposal cycles. Countries are expected to be chosen from the list of USAID Resilience Focus Countries: Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Haiti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
- To serve as Lead Writer for USAID/BHA RFSA proposals.
Scope of Work
The RFSA Proposal Lead Technical Writer will have primary responsibility for producing a high quality technical narrative and select annexes for the proposal, reflective of the inputs provided by CRS staff and adhering to CRS style guidance. The technical narrative must ensure alignment between technical and cost application documents, integrating the range of technical elements to produce a cohesive and convincing narrative. The lead writer is a key member of the proposal team, working in close collaboration with the proposal coordinator, design lead, purpose/sector leads and management/operations lead, and participating in major proposal development workshops and design meetings.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of anticipated tasks to achieve the SOW:
- Participate in and document results of problem analysis, theory of change, design and/or activity workshops and any purpose/sector write-shops.
- Travel to the target country for some major workshops and deliverables; in-country stays not to exceed two weeks per trip
- Contribute to the development of a sound program design and implementation strategy, under the guidance of the design lead and management/operations lead
- Lead the writing of the technical narrative, incorporating and unifying contributions from other writers (e.g. purpose leads) as appropriate
- Support CRS staff leading development of select key annexes (to be confirmed based upon final RFA requirements): Environmental Safeguards Plan, Participant Financial Analysis, Gender Analysis Summary, Monitoring & Evaluation Plan, Activity Learning Plan, and Sustainability Transition Plan
- Prepare proposal team submissions for (internal) pink and red reviews and incorporate feedback as directed by proposal leads
- Participate in management and budget meetings to ensure alignment between technical and cost applications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, relevant technical sector, business management or related field
- Minimum five years of successful proposal development experience with USG, preferably BHA
- Experience as lead writer for RFSA proposal
- Strong understanding of international development and context in developing countries
- Exceptional writer with expert command of English grammar and AP style
- French language proficiency highly desirable
- Knowledge of CRS programs a plus
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems
- Strong analytical and information management skills
- Self-motivated as well as a strong team player
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
All proposals must be received by Chris Mericle at: [email protected] The solicitation name “US4574: RFSA Lead Technical Writer” must be included in the subject line.
Click Here (PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.