Mercy Corps Nigeria invites interested and eligible service provider(s) / contractors to express interest by submitting tender documents for the supply of the following work:
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future.
Mercy Corps works in fragile and conflict-affected environments. While we recognize that these are difficult places to operate, we believe that transitional environments – countries affected by civil wars, economic and political crisis, or natural disasters – offer tremendous opportunities for positive change. Since the late 1990s, Mercy Corps has managed over 100 peacebuilding projects in over 30 countries and regions, making Mercy Corps a true leader in the field.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender – Drilling of a Borehole, Installation of Submersible Pump and Solar in Biyemti Community Kodomti Ward Numan LGA, Adamawa State
Tender No: NIG/YOL/TEN29
Contributing to the mitigation of conflict over natural resources between farmers and herders in Adamawa state (COMITAS) Mercy Corps aims to capitalize on its trusted relationships with local stakeholders across Nigeria’s Middle Belt to continue to empower communities to prevent and respond to violence by strengthening collaboration on natural resource management.
- Mercy Corps (MC) Nigeria Mission (herein referred to as the EMPLOYER) is planning to drill one Borehole, Installation of Submersible Pump and Solar in Biyemti Community Kodomti Ward Numan
- Hydro-geological survey has been carried out to identify the exact drilling point.
- MC is seeking for a contractor to provide for proper tools, machinery, materials, and labor necessary for carrying out drilling and construction of the borehole, its development, test pumping, apron and other construction and Installation works as detailed in the technical Specification documents.
- The Contractor shall mobilize to site within two weeks of signing the contract. This should include taking over site, geophysics, and Drilling. The contractor shall take over site in the presence of the Supervisor, and Community.
- Contractor shall provide work schedule within one week after signing of the contract.
Personnel and Equipment
- The contractor shall provide qualified and competent staff to successfully execute the works.
- The contractor shall be responsible for the hiring of, and the transfer of his personnel as required during the contract period including procurement of entry visas and work permits for expatriates.
- He shall be responsible for arranging and providing housing and other logistics for his personnel.
- Unless agreed otherwise by the Project Supervisor, the Contractor shall show evidence of the availability of a drilling rig and associated equipment capable of carrying out the same works and which can be mobilized and brought to the site within a period of not more than two weeks such that the contract period is not extended.
- The Contractor shall provide and maintain enough suitable equipment to complete the drilling or rehabilitation works within the period specified in the contract.
The equipment should include but not limited to some or all the following essential equipment:
- Drilling Rig
- Air compressor
- Pumping test equipment
- Support vehicles
- Other accessories
- A copy of business registration document (CAC)
- A copy of tax certificate and/or Tax Clearance
- A copy of signed and stamped offer sheet
Documents to conduct the Technical Evaluation and additional Due Diligence:
- A copy of certificate indicating relevant qualifications (e.g. Civil/Water Engineer, Geologist, or any other relevant qualifications.)
- Curriculum Vitae and profile of offeror outlining past experience in construction of water infrastructure/projects
- Proof of similar assignment on any Activity in Adamawa State or North East Nigeria (e.g Contract, Pos, Service completion report)
- A copy of relevant certificate of membership of a professional body (COREN, NMGS etc.)
- Detailed work plan including strategies to carry out the deliverables within the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and security consideration in the region.
- A letter of consideration to engage local labor (unskilled) from the beneficiary project community.
- A copy of signed and stamped offer sheet
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 13th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
For Hard Copy Submission – Proposal Subject “NIG/YOL/TEN29: “Drilling of a Borehole, Installation of Submersible Pump and Solar in Biyemti Community Kodomti Ward Numan LGA, Adamawa State” at:
Mercy Corps Office,
10A, Suntai Road,
For e-submissions email offer to: [email protected] with the proposal titled “NIG/YOL/TEN29: Drilling of a Borehole, Installation of Submersible Pump and Solar in Biyemti Community Kodomti Ward Numan LGA, Adamawa State”.
Click Here (PDF) to download complete tender documents.