Creative Associates / Northeast Connection Program invites interested and eligible consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA), Note Taker – Rapporteur
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0002
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 1, 2022 – July 30, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 20 days
Estimated total cost: Daily rate should be around NGN 13,842.00
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria.
- This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Borno state, Northeast Connection has identified Biu, Jere, Hawul, Kwaya Kusar, Maiduguri and Shani as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that.
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- The program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research. Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal. Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The Rapporteur will be guided by the Program Officer, under the direct supervision of the Program Manager lead and three support STTAs on specific tasks in the field while taking note during 2-day stakeholder’s consultative workshop as well as 2-day training and distribution of small farming tools to 120 vulnerable youths in Borno state.
- The Rapporteur is expected to support program team during advocacies, undertake field trip to targeted communities together with the STTA workshop Facilitator and two other STTAs Agricultural extension specialists. The Rapporteur will work with specific guidance from local government community stakeholders, NE Connection team while carrying out the assignment and field visits. Proposed duration for this role is 20 days from the date of official engagement.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Rapporteur shall report to the Program Officer, supervised by the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager Borno state portfolio
Tasks To Be Performed
- Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Take attendance and coordinate the meeting
- Takes accurate notes on the content of discussion, questions, and feedbacks/action points during each session.
- Ensures that notes taken are clear, neat, well organized, descriptive of information provided, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Remains physically and mentally alert and attentive during note taking; refrains from providing advice, interjections, and/or personal opinions, either verbally or within the text of notes taken.
- Ensures that all related information/discussions remain confidential and is provided solely to the intended recipient/reporting supervisor
- Submit daily notes to the Facilitator and the two Lead Consultants
- Submit a detailed/complied typed report after the five days meeting
- Continue to work with the lead consultant and the two sub-consultants for period of 20 days.
- Ability to write down significant information so that it is clear for review.
- Ability to use underlining, highlighting and capital letters for emphasis when taking notes.
|Participation and submission of report on advocacy visit conducted kick-off meeting and planning meeting with NE connection/community stakeholders||4||June 10, 2022||20%|
|Submission of daily notes from 2 days’ workshop to lead facilitation and submit a detailed/complied typed report and attendance record sheet after the five days meeting to NE connection team||5||June 20, 2022||30%|
|Submission of daily notes from two days training and distribution of small farming tools to 120 vulnerable youths in 6 batch to two lead consultant and submit a detailed/complied typed report and attendance record sheet after the 8 days training and distribution to NE connection team||8||July 10, 2022||40%|
|Participation and submission of daily notes on impact assessment engagement with the beneficiaries at the community level conducted and attendance record sheet to NE connection team||3||July 31, 2022||10%|
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc in any of Social Science / Public Administration or any related field required.
- Two (2) years of working experience in administrative responsibilities
- 1-2 years of proven work experience in a related field.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and follow routine verbal instructions.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills are required, especially Knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques for the taking of competent classroom notes
- Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Multi-tasking with a positive attitude is required.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Flexibility and ability to work in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of local languages spoken in the project area (Kanuri, and Hausa).
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022 at 05:00PM Nigerian Time.
Questions Due Date
5th May, 2022 at 02:00PM Nigerian Time.
Method of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
- Please submit the following documents below to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to:[email protected]no later than the above date. No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder. The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/06/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable)are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity. However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium / website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please Click HERE