Creative Associates / Northeast Connection Program invites interested and eligible consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Agricultural Extension Specialist
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0001
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
Reports to:The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 8 days
Estimated total cost: Daily rate should be around NGN 37,380.00
- Creative Associates International, Inc., acting on behalf of the Nigeria Northeast Connection in Nigeria is soliciting offers for technical expertise in accordance with the Scope of Work included in Attachment 1, and Creative’s Consultant Agreement Terms and Conditions included in Attachment 2.
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria. This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Borno state, Northeast Connection has identified Biu, Jere, Hawul, KwayaKusar, Maiduguri and Shani as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that.
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- The program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research.
- Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal.
- Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The presence of violent extremist organizations (VEOs) such as Jama’atuAhlul Sunna Lidda’awatiWaljihad (JAS) and Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) around communities in Biu LGA poses a greater risk for youths’ recruitment into violent extremism.
- The NE Connection has designed an activity to help strengthen youth vulnerability to VEO recruitment through intercommunity action on agricultural livelihood and peacebuilding in Biu LGA.
- This position requires the service of Agricultural Extension Specialistwill organize and coordinate 2-day workshop for 120 vulnerable youths across 6 communities in Biu LGA.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 6 daysfor the training with additional 1 days for the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting, and 1 day for report writing, totaling 8 dayseach.
- The STTA will use his/her skills and expertise to carry out the assignment and report.
- The STTA will also linked thetrained youths with the agricultural department of Biu LGA for ongoing mentoring and support for the during this assignment.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA shall report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager Borno state portfolio.
Tasks To Be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate 6-day capacity building for 120 vulnerable youths on modern techniques in irrigation farming in Biu LGA of Borno State
- Develop training modules on capacity building for vulnerable youths on modern technics and best practices of irrigation farming suitable to terrain in Southern Borno
- Prepare training agenda, and training aid with expected outcome with share with NE Connection for review and approval.
- Plan and organize the training and mentoring support for vulnerable youths under the direct support from Rapporteur and NE Connection staff
- Identify and manage challenges that may arise during the period of this assignment by ensuring that security protocol is being strictly adhered
- Facilitate the linkage of beneficiaries with the agricultural department of Biu LGA for ongoing mentoring and support
- Provide feedback/report on training outcomes with participants and other stakeholders to the NE Connection team.
- Write a detail report and submit both electronic and hard copy to the NE Connection.
Results and/or Deliverables
|Submission of activity workplan that suggests efficiencies and outlines training guide, curriculum and steps that will be taken to train 120 vulnerable youths to boost agricultural production Participation and submission of activity report on kick-off meeting and planning meeting||2||June10, 2022||30%|
|Participation and submission of activity detailed/complied report including recommendations from the 2 days’training to 120 vulnerable youths to boost agricultural production in 6 batches. Submission of final report to NE Connection||6||June30, 2022||70%|
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s in Development Studies, Political Science and International Relations, Disaster and Risks Management or any related field.
- Have evidence of 4 years experience of past work-related engagement in the northeast is preferred and at least 3 years working experience in research and development sectors
- Specific experience serving as Agricultural extension specialist especially on donor funded activities in NE Nigeria is desirable.
- Experience in providing technical and organizational support and capacity building in emergency, disaster, humanitarian, and recovery phase of post conflict phase.
- In-depth knowledge of northeast crises trend with engagement experience in supporting activities that complement the Borno state government’s 10-year Transformational Plan and 25-year Development plan.
- Equipped with sufficient level of awareness on: Resilience: Early Recovery; good understanding of national and state government policies and Lake Chad region.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good technical facilitation capacity.
- Excellent documentation skill is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English, Kanuri, Babur Bura and Hausa is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of local languages spoken in the project area (Kanuri, and Hausa).
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022 at 05:00PM Nigerian Time.
Questions Due Date
5th May, 2022 at 02:00PM Nigerian Time.
Method of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
- Please submit the following documents below to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to: [email protected]no later than the above date. No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder. The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/06/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable) are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity. However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium / website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please Click HERE