The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) invites interested consultants to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is an African Union (AU) specialized entity headquartered in Midrand, South Africa that was established in 2003 by the AU Heads of State and Government with the primary purpose of fostering practices that lead to political stability, high economic growth, sustainable and inclusive development, as well as accelerated regional and continental integration. It seeks to rectify underlying deficiencies in governance and socio-economic development processes among member states of the African Union.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) – Individual Consultants for Translation, Editing and Revision Services
Procurement Number: EOI APRM/AUC/TS /07/ 2022
For efficient execution of APRM’s mission, the Conference Management Unit of the Continental Secretariat seeks to provide translation, revision and editing services for its working documents and Review reports.
In light of the foregoing, the APRM hereby invites qualified individual consultants to express their interest to provide translation, revision, and editing services for various APRM documents into and from French and English primarily, and, occasionally, into Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic and Kiswahili.
The APRM will select successful candidates and sign framework contracts with them in order to constitute a roster of freelance translators, revisers, and editors whose services will be contracted as and when needed during a period of three (3) years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Scope of Assignment
- The Conference Management Unit will use the services of the selected consultants, as and when needed, to meet the Institution’s translation, revision, editing and proofreading needs throughout the duration of the framework contracts.
- There shall not be any lump sum payments and the consultants shall be paid for the services effectively provided.
- The consultants will be required to perform quality translation, revision, editing or proofreading services as and when needed.
- For each assignment, the consultant and the APRM, through the Conference Management Unit, shall agree on the duration, completion date and cost of the service to be provided; the costs shall be based on defined rates set by the African Union and taking into account international standards; and
- The payment of consultants, continuation and subsequent renewal of contracts shall be contingent upon satisfactory periodic and annual performance.
Qualifications and Experience
Prospective consultants must be nationals of African Union Member States and shall possess the following qualifications and skills, in keeping with the AU’s procurement policies:
- At least a Master’s degree in any field from a recognized institution with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in translation, revision or editing, preferably within or in collaboration with an international organization/institution; OR
- A tertiary qualification (Bachelor’s degree, Post-graduate Diploma or Honour’s degree) in any field from a recognized institution with a minimum of seven years’ experience in translation, revision or editing, preferably within or in collaboration with an international organization/institution.
- A degree in translation from a recognized tertiary institution would be an added advantage;
- Experience working for the African Union and/or other international organizations would be an asset;
- Excellent writing skills in English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic or Kiswahili as applicable;
- Ability to work reliably, independently and effectively, even under pressure, and to meet agreed deadlines;
- Adequate knowledge of the core business, activities and operations of the African Union and the African Peer Review Mechanism;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard software, CAT tools and similar software will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment; and
- Experience in translation management projects.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of interest must be submitted via E-mail at: [email protected] with subject title: Request for Expression of Interest: Individual Consultants for Translation, Editing and Revision Services – EOI APRM/AUC/TS /2022.
- Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted.
- Bids submitted with wrong submission title shall be rejected.
- Shortlisted candidates MAY be subjected to a written translation test after which a final list of selected consultants will be published.
Click Here (PDF) for more clarifications on the EOI.