The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested and eligible NGOs to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) – Support for Reconciliation and Reintegrstion Through the Rehabilitation of Social and Productive Infrastructures
The Reintegration and Reconciliation programme in Nigeria was established in early 2017 as part of a regional Lake Chad Basin strategy to address the effects of Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa. It is focused on supporting the affected governments in strengthening disassociation incentives for individuals who were exposed to violent extremism, on the other hand, the communities of return would also be compensated with the implementation of social impact projects & socioeconomic support to stimulate the local economy.
Under EU S2R funded projects, IOM is partnering with local NGOs to build their capacity to deliver management of social impact projects through the rehabilitation of community social and productive infrastructure and public services. For reintegration to be successful it needs to go hand-in-hand with community-level reconciliation to promote an increased understanding for and acceptance of low-risk former associates and victims.
This project focus is on the provision of community-level “peace dividends” in the form of community-led social impact projects that will help to build resilience to violence, restitution, and reparation.
The successful implementing partner is expected to implement the activity in Borno and Yobe States, North-East Nigeria targeting the whole community (instead of specific groups, for example, the rehabilitation of community infrastructures should make a social impact, value chain, and create marketing support for community products). These selected communities are the target for this implementation: one facility each in Damboa, Pulka, Banki, Monguno, and Gujba.
During the framework of the project, the selected IP is expected to provide skilled management of the implementation of the following activities:
- Establishment of Two (2) Social Cohesion Platforms in Monguno and DIkwa, Borno State
- Deployment of project site staff/Mapping/Assessment of selected communities
- BOQ Assessment /presentation
- Rehabilitation and launching of five (5) social and productive infrastructures based on community preference in the selected locations
- Engagement of Community members for Cash-for-work
- Establishment/Strengthening of participatory structures
- Protection mainstreaming
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant should be based or operating in, and legally registered in Nigeria, and have an established presence and operational capacity in Borno and Yobe states (valid registration documents should be provided with the application).
- The applicant should have a good understanding and working relationships with the relevant line ministries, local authorities, local communities, and other relevant stakeholders in Borno and Yobe states.
- Demonstrated experience in community and social infrastructural rehabilitation and social cohesion will be an added advantage.
- Sound donor reporting skills (abiding by strict data confidentiality agreements) and use of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- The proposal should demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for diversity and should take into consideration the engagement of vulnerable populations and have a gender-sensitive approach.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate sufficient staff capacity and expertise to implement the project (supporting documents should be attached demonstrating the lead implementors of the project).
- Subcontracting will not be accepted.
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization, or the United Nations would be an asset.
- My existing track record in managing donor grants is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in working with grassroots communities.
- Willingness to be subjected to any necessary security checks which may be required from the government.
Application Closing Date
18th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Complete proposals should be addressed and delivered to IOM Maiduguri Sub-office at:
No 4 Gombole,
Giwa Barrack Road,
Maiduguri -Borno State.
Click Here (PDF) for more clarifications on the RFP.