The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) invites interested contractors to indicate interest by submitting RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOP) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) for Establishment of BPA – General Energy Transition Consultancy Services in Southeast Asia
The Southeast Asia Energy Transition Partnership (ETP) brings together governments and philanthropies to work with partner countries in the region. We support the transition towards modern energy systems that can simultaneously ensure economic growth, energy security, and environmental sustainability. Enabling the transition toward greener energy systems will greatly contribute to the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement
ETP is initially focusing on Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam, which are the countries in the region with the highest energy demand, a substantial pipeline for fossil fuel-based projects, and a significant and cost-effective potential for renewable energy and energy efficiency. ETP provides High Level Technical Advisory Support, Holistic Support to Governments on financing and technical needs, capacity and skill development and facilitation of dialogues in all related areas.
A Secretariat, incorporated into UNOPS will support the Steering Committee (SC) and facilitate the implementation of SC’s decisions. The Secretariat will operate as per defined Terms of Reference approved by the SC. The Secretariat will undertake day-to-day management and operation of the ETP Fund: (1) it launches Calls for Proposal and carries out proposals assessments; (2) it provides assistance and support to implementing partners; (3) facilitates the design, development and implementation of an overall M&E strategy; (4) monitors progress made by each project during the implementation phase.
ETP Secretariat hosted at UNOPS Thailand Hub Offices will support the SC and facilitate the implementation of SC’s decisions. The Secretariat will operate as per defined Terms of Reference approved by the SC. ETP Secretariat will undertake day-to-day management and operation of the ETP Fund: (1) it launches Calls for Proposal and carries out proposals assessments; (2) it provides assistance and support to projects; (3) facilitates the design, development and implementation of an overall M&E strategy; (4) monitors progress made by each project during the implementation phase.
ETP Secretariat will work in close cooperation with the SC, the Advisory Panel and UNOPS Services. The members of the secretariat will be selected following the UNOPS rules and regulations. Within the framework of the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following duties which are performed according to organizational needs and structure:
- The selected entity will help advise, design and develop regional energy transition related studies in across Southeast Asia (SEA) and support ETP by providing expert technical inputs on wide reaching subjects including but not limited to carbon markets, energy transition related supply chains, renewable energy generation, smart grid development, policy and regulatory frameworks etc.
- The entity will support coordination and development of technical assistance and capacity development of the regional ETP program for ETP Steering Committee consideration for approval in 2022 and ETP Secretariat with the identification of potential collaboration opportunities with the national Government – especially the government decision-makers, the private sector and civil society.
Functional Responsibilities:Specific Deliverables
- Provide ad-hoc services, giving technical and national insights and analysis upon request.
- Carry out a desk review of all documents provided by ETP as well as other background documentation for ensuring a clear overall understanding of ambitions and opportunities for ETP operations in SEA.
- Develop a priority pipeline in collaboration with ETP Secretariat and support preparation of terms of reference and results indicators and targets, for enabling their implementation with a clear results focus in alignment with the Paris Agreement Goals and ETP’s result-based monitoring framework.
- Provide a stakeholder and political economy update related to Energy Transition in SEA.
- Organizing the relevant meetings for concluding agreements with the national Governments decision-makers and stakeholders on the proposed pipeline, terms of reference, and results matrices.
- Write and/or contribute to ETP reports which cover a range of subjects in the energy transition
Qualifications and Experience of the Consultant
The service provider should have the following experiences:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in working in similar capacities
- Have proven experience working with NGOs, government agencies, or intergovernmental organizations
- Have access to a pool of experts, flexible and able to respond dependent on the needs of the individual assignments
- The service provider is expected to identify designated employee(s) to produce above outputs and submit CVs accordingly.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2022.
Interested vendors must respond to this tender using the UNOPS eSourcing system, via the UNGM portal. In order to access the full UNOPS tender details, request clarifications on the tender, and submit a vendor response to a tender using the system, vendors need to be registered as a UNOPS vendor at the UNGM portal and be logged into UNGM.
Click Here for guidance on how to register on UNGM and submit responses to UNOPS tenders in the UNOPS eSourcing system, please refer to the user guide and other resources.
Interested in improving your knowledge of what UNOPS procures, how we procure and how to become a vendor to supply to our organization? Learn more about our free online course on “Doing business with UNOPS” here
- RFQ_Section_I_Instructions to Bidders (PDF).
- RFQ_Section_II – BPA Regional_Terms of references_41505 (PDF).
- RFQ_Section_III_Returnable Bidding Forms_41505 (MS WORD).
- Sample of Blanket_purchase_agreement (PDF).
- UNOPS_eSourcing_Vendor Guide_v1.7_EN (2) (PDF).