The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested eligible service providers / contractors to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) – VSAT Installation with Monthly VSAT Subscription (Bandwidth Coverage) Per Server for Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Locations at Seme Border and Lagos state Command
Reference: RFP NG10-22-024
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) currently operates an integrated virtual private network (VPN) over Wide Area Network (WAN) for its Migration Information and Data Analysis System (MIDAS), as part of its IT infrastructure which contribute to the enhancement of the communication among the various entry/ exit locations already connected to this network. The NIS MIDAS architecture combines the use of fiber, radio and VSAT in specific terrains to have seamless interconnections resulting in an overall network architecture design of a Star Topology combined with fiber optic and radio backhaul links.
Scope of Work
IOM now invites Service Providers to provide Technical and Financial Proposal for the following Services:
- VSAT Installation by VSAT provider at Seme Border and NIS Lagos state Command
- 36 months per location VSAT monthly subscription (bandwidth coverage) per server for Seme Border and NIS Lagos State Command.
Purpose of the Current Request For Proposal (RFP)
The objective of this document is to attract proposal from potential bidders for broadband VSAT WAN connectivity and local area network (LAN) for the NIS MIDAS locations (state command and border control posts) in Nigeria.
The proposal for providing the services mentioned above shall cover a minimum period of 12 months and is for a high quality and secured data transfer use of the NIS. Any solution proposed should be able to function efficiently with bandwidth optimization and WAN Acceleration functions.
Satellite Based WAN Connectivity Solution
- The NIS requires the implementation of a fully managed broadband IP over VSAT turnkey connectivity solution.
- The proposed VSAT solution shall operate in Ka-band.
- If the bidder proposes a Ku band solution, he should provide a strong technical justification and commit to ensure high link performances minimizing attenuation.
- The VSAT network is expected to provide an internal any-to-any connectivity of all BCP locations within a state using a STAR TOPOLOGY to the hub station located at the state command and replicate same between the state commands and the NIS HQ.
- Both the state command and BCP will be fully managed by the service provider and the NIS will have access to monitor the network and manage resources such as the bandwidth.
- Accordingly, a bandwidth of 2Mbps/ 2Mbps will be allocated for both the download and upload traffic.
- The bidder is requested to use outdoor units in each location consisting of 78cm or 98cm antenna and 2 watts BUC operating in standard Ka-Band.
- The bidder shall provide technical specifications and justifications for each proffered device that needs to be installed with the warranty period for each location.
- The proposed VSAT solution should include the major and most recent IP over satellite solution such as Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM), Adaptive Flex Code Modulation (ACFM), TCP IP Acceleration, DNS caching, Low Density Parity Coding (LDPC), Adaptive Inroute Selection (AIS), effective QoS and effective compression for traffic, turbo codes, etc.
- The bidder(s) must propose a Bandwidth Allocation Plan that would permit progressive expansion of bandwidth in each site, and in which the starting bandwidth and the maximal bandwidth will be clearly specified in conjunction with existing and planned traffic per site.
Application Closing Date
18th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The Proposals must be delivered by hand to IOM with office address at:
55 Hassan Musa Katsina Street,
F.C.T – Abuja.
Click Here (PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.